PDA

View Full Version : Answering Machine

Dmntd
09-01-2005, 04:53 PM
There's some joker keeps calling my home number, doesn't saying anything at all, just lets the machine record white noise. I'd like to find a machine that will disconnect the call after say 3 seconds if nothing is said.

If I find out who the joker is, I'm going to send them a mackerel in a wax lined box, parcel post & C.O.D.

After giving it day in the sun.

Anthony

Oskaar
09-01-2005, 05:31 PM
I have an elk call that I like to use for those kind of scumbags!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Greenblood
09-01-2005, 05:47 PM
It is likely an auto dialer. Large telemarketing firms use them. The auto dialer constantly make calls, and if the line pics up, the auto dialer connects it to a rep who tries to sell you something that you do not need. If however, a rep is unavailable after a few secconds, the dialer hangs up, and rinse repeat.

Greenblood

Ibiduin
09-01-2005, 09:05 PM
My folks were unwilling to pay 110 dollar bill on a cancelled cell phone contract, a 110$ bill that emerged AFTER cancelling the account. ATT Wireless forwarded all such things to a collector, and ever since then (for about 2 yrs) they get a phone call like that on thier answering machine everyday (around the same time too, dinnertimeish...). The collector has likely spent more time and money trying to get the 110$ than it's worth.

I've told them to block the number(s), and they are considering just cancelling thier home phone number (use cell phones for everything anyways).

If the machine making the call gets an answering machine, it doesn't bother connecting it to one of thier workers.

Pawn
09-02-2005, 12:07 AM
I dial *69, write down there phone number, make a new dialup connection on my old pc using there number in place of the ISP, set it in properties to make 10000000000000000000000+ connection attempts with a 10 second timeout, click the link and go on about my day ;D
Cheers...John

David Baldwin
09-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Pawn,

That may be the most beautiful thing I"ve ever read! ;D ;D

David