PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Regulations

Mynx
09-06-2005, 11:16 PM
Hey all!

The IMA thread got me thinking. I know shipping between states can be hard, as can shipping across the border. How do you folks normally take care of it? I've been thinking about entering some meads in competition in the next few years, and I wouldnt mind getting prepared now :)

Cheers!
Mynx

jab
09-06-2005, 11:21 PM
You are shipping from Canada right?

I know some people who have entered US beer competitions from Canada. Generally you will be ok. Ship via carrier. I know some people have had problems with UPS and will suggest FedEx or something. Go with what you know. Label/Mark them as yeast samples. Keep your mouth shut as much as possible.

You can be perfect and you may still end up with problems. It's bound to happen to someone somewhere. It happens. Not much can be done about it.

I am sure there are others who have actually shipped to competitions across the border who may be able to help more. My experience is 2nd hand but sound.

Good luck!

Mynx
09-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Zactly what I was looking for!

Thanks jab :)

Now to try and keep a bottle or two aside and away from my cellar rats! ;)

Mu
09-07-2005, 02:28 AM
Well I have never shipped anything of this nature before but I had a thought. If you know what competitions you plan to enter why not contact them. Iím sure they would know how to go about it. And possibly recommend a courier service?

Mu.