• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Why cant I change my password/access my profile ?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Aethelwulf

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 8, 2003
???

Hello Vicky

for some reason,unknown to me,I am unable to access my profile to change my pass word.I get an error,and it tells "you are not allowed to change this users profile"

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks,
Aethelwulf
(Bill)

V

Vicky Rowe

Re: Why cant I change my password/access my profil

Hi Bill,

I'll check it out. I probably didn't set something right.

Vicky

Aethelwulf

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 8, 2003

:-/

Still unable to change pass word,access to profile still denied.It will allow me to sign in but wont allow access to profile

:'(

V

Vicky Rowe

Arrgh! Yeah, Dan is having that problem too. I've got all the stuff set according to the program to allow this, but can't figure out what the problem is!

Bear with me, I'm banging on the dang thing, it should start working soon, I hope.

Vicky

Aethelwulf

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 8, 2003

:mad:

Still no access to profile................... :-/

Aethelwulf

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 8, 2003

:-[

Over a month now and no discernable solution to the
profile access issue.

:'(

frob23

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Dec 5, 2003

Hmm, I am not having that problem... Aethelwulf1 are you sure you are entering the password sent in the email? Did you follow the directions to make a new user? I know these are stupid and insulting questions but is it possible that it is not the software's fault? If you have done all this, why not create a new member name and see if you can get that one to work? You can always delete it after you have checked it out -- post with it and play with it to be sure before you do.

I know, I am an a$$hole for suggesting this but it happens. The original password might be easy to mistype or maybe it is case sensative and you haven't been bothering to uppercase the right letters. I am sure that Vicky has been doing all that she can trying to make it work from her end.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns