PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Colorado

Dan McFeeley
11-06-2004, 08:47 PM
I'm sitting in the lobby of the Outlook hotel in Boulder Colorado waiting for the airport pick up. Then it's back to Illinois, land of corn & soy fields, with no picturesque mountain background. Colorado is a beautiful state, an ideal setting for this meadfest. Hate to leave, but it will be nice to be home again.

See you all later!

jab
11-07-2004, 10:01 AM
I know the feeling. I left Boulder at about 10 am MST this morning and managed to get into Omaha about 7 pm CST. Really, 8 hours each way was worth the fun of the Fest. I didn't manage to meet any of the GotMead crowd but did manage to talk to Ken a bit. Looking forward to next year!

Derf
11-09-2004, 08:26 AM
I haven't ever seen Colorado, but two summers ago, I hitch hiked across Canada. Never having been west of Toronto in my adult life, it was quite the experience. Got picked up by a truck driver who took me most of the way. I remember the sun setting on the prairies in Saskatchewan. We drove well into the night before pulling over so the driver could have a nap. When we woke up, we were smack dab in the middle of Banff National Park, surrounded by snow capped rocky mountains. Such contrast.

I don't know if I'll ever make that trip again, but I'm glad I did it at least once. Everybody should.