PDA

View Full Version : Something Wikd this way comes

WikdWaze
10-04-2004, 04:10 AM
To those who missed me, I have returned. For those who had no idea I was gone, greetings.

Jmattioli
10-04-2004, 05:48 AM
Good to hear from you. Have you located your yeast yet? Since you have been gone, I made a 100% Buckwheat Mead. Took 2 weeks and 5 days to ferment. Barnyard smell is gone. It actually tasted good before clearing. Disregard all my negative comments on Buckwheat, I may have passed on from rumors and fairy tales. Yours should be fine. The taste was always good but the smell was less than desireable and goes away in quick fermentation. Hopefully, it won't return
Joe

WikdWaze
10-04-2004, 12:58 PM
I saw the post about your buckwheat mead, very encouraging. I wasn't very worried about the buckwheat in mine since there are several other ingredients as well. It's those other ingredients which have me biting my nails.

I'll be ordering my yeast Friday. Turns out the store I got the rest of my supplies from doesn't have a minimum order, but they do charge $4.99 shipping on all orders under $15. So I'll end up paying close to $7 for two packs of D-47, but that's still cheaper than driving 140 miles round trip to get it. I just wish you'd convinced me to switch yeasts a few weeks earlier, then I could have ordered it with the rest of the stuff. C'est la vie.

Talon
10-04-2004, 06:35 PM
WOOT! WikdWaze is back!

Where ya been? Working is no excuse!

ThistyViking
10-04-2004, 09:50 PM
I saw the post about your buckwheat mead, very encouraging. I wasn't very worried about the buckwheat in mine since there are several other ingredients as well. It's those other ingredients which have me biting my nails.

I'll be ordering my yeast Friday. Turns out the store I got the rest of my supplies from doesn't have a minimum order, but they do charge $4.99 shipping on all orders under $15. So I'll end up paying close to $7 for two packs of D-47, but that's still cheaper than driving 140 miles round trip to get it. I just wish you'd convinced me to switch yeasts a few weeks earlier, then I could have ordered it with the rest of the stuff. C'est la vie.

Dude there must be something they have that you need...

:-) or atleast up the order beyond 2 packs and refrigerate the little beasties.. :-)

Welcome back

WikdWaze
10-05-2004, 03:46 AM
WOOT! WikdWaze is back!

Where ya been? Working is no excuse!
I went on hiatus. It's good to be back amongst friends.

Posted by: ThirstyViking Posted on: Today at 11:50am

Dude there must be something they have that you need...

or atleast up the order beyond 2 packs and refrigerate the little beasties..

Welcome back
I could order some more stuff, but $7 or so is easily within my budget adding more items would only complicate things. Besides, I firmly believe that stupidity should be painful, if I had heeded the advice of those more experienced I would have switched yeasts weeks ago and could have added it to my previous order. Now I'm simply paying the price for my stubborn ignorance. :-[

Talon
10-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Don't beat your head against the wall too hard, Wikd. Wouldn't want you hurting the wall... :D lol

Oskaar
10-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Yeast has made me wait on more than one batch! :(

I have two brewshops around me, one is 50 miles away and it is a hectic drive. The other is only 20 miles away but they're only open on weekends and the drive is a killer.

Hmmm, decisions decisions!

Oskaar

WikdWaze
10-06-2004, 02:32 AM
Don't beat your head against the wall too hard, Wikd. Wouldn't want you hurting the wall... :D lol
There are numerous holes in the wall already ;D

Posted by: Oskaar Posted on: Today at 2:32pm
Yeast has made me wait on more than one batch!

I have two brewshops around me, one is 50 miles away and it is a hectic drive. The other is only 20 miles away but they're only open on weekends and the drive is a killer.

Hmmm, decisions decisions!

Oskaar
It's a bit cheaper to order it and pay the $5 shipping than it is to drive 70 miles to pick it up. Plus, I simply don't have the time these days to spend several hours driving out of town. Given the area you live in, I'd think it was quicker to have it delivered by snail-mail instead of driving there ;)