• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

I get to be first!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Chauvan

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 2, 2003
Howdy! This looks like this is going to be the most useful forum in the world! ;D

Rygar

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 8, 2003
users.adelphia.net
And I get to be Number two!

"Who..does..number two..work for?!!!!!!" hehe

This is quickly going to become the first board I check everyday! :D

F

Forum Admin

Welcome, both of you! Thanks for checking out the forum, and please don't hesitate to let me know how I can improve the forum and the site for you!

Vicky Rowe
Site Admin ;D

S

Severian

Since this seems to be a decent place to post things like this:

Hello, I've been making mead for about 3 years.

Have only had one batch not drinkable (read Kerosene) in the first 3 months of aging. After over 2 years in bottles I am afraid to open one. Maybe wait till 5 years as that is the only way a mead of mine will survive that long...

My longest drinkable mead to date is a year of aging. Either I am lucky and make great mead or my friends are alcoholics (ok, both could be true)

-s

ps- yes I really wonder how good it'd taste at 3 or 5 years and will keep wondering... note to self: increase production.

V

Vicky Rowe

Hi!

I had one that was gasoline for nearly a year after it finished fermenting. I tasted it one day, about a year later, and it was ambrosia.

Give it a try. Open a bottle and sample, you might be suprised!

Vicky

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004
Hi Vicky, I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you I love you're site! I'm a man of few interests but thanks to you I have a new hobby! ;)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns