• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Apple Pie "Tonic" for what ails ya

Barrel Char Wood Products
V

Vicky Rowe

My sister-in-spirit Elizabeth had this yummy concoction in her home when I visited them in October to attend the Texas Renaissance Festival this year. *Extremely* easy to drink, and even easier to get tipsy on, this tasty, refreshing and deceptively smooth drink will give you much pain if you overdue, but is *perfect* for sipping warm on a cold night, or settin' on the porch sippin' it cold on a warm Southern evening.

Y'all enjoy!

Apple Pie

1 gal apple cider
750ml Everclear or Vodka (one bottle - a fifth)
3 whole cinnamon
2 whole allspice
2 tsp vanilla extract

In a large pot, put apple cider (½ only), cinnamon, and allspice. I crushed mine. Boil for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and add rest of cider, Everclear/Vodka and vanilla extract. Stir to mix. Let cool and pour into containers to store in refrigerator. Remember to remove cinnamon and allspice sticks before pouring into containers.

Vicky - feeling no pain, and fixin' to hit the hay

Erik_the_Red

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 15, 2004
I have prepared myself a bit of the spiced spiked apple cider. Took your suggestion and crushed the allspice and use 100p vodka... Very good- definatly easy to drink, better go easy :p and only drink a gallon ;D

V

Vicky Rowe

LOL...how big was your headache the next morning?

I have to buy some more cider today and make another batch. FYI, it is *yummy* right after it is mixed, while its still warm.

Vicky - in the 20's in NC (winter arriving? naw, this is the South!)

Erik_the_Red

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 15, 2004
No head ache yet I only drank a tall glass plan on taking out the rest this weekend..

Idahoskunk and myself... Got to drink somthing while the mead is aging!! 8)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns