PDA

View Full Version : Devil in the details

WikdWaze
08-05-2004, 04:41 PM
I was reading the Georgia code on alcohol production (can't wait for the movie) and discovered an interesting bit that could cause trouble. Georgia considers any drink over 21% alcohol to be a distilled spirit or fortified wine, even if it was produced solely by fermentation with no added alcohol. I didn't get to the part that discussed what difference that made as far as taxes and paperwork, but I'm sure it's there.

Oskaar
08-06-2004, 06:12 AM
Just make sure you ratchet your mead up to 21% and don't go a hair over!

Otherwise Boss Hogg and the moonshine patrol will be gunnin' fer ya!

Oskaar

WikdWaze
08-06-2004, 12:38 PM
All I need then is a '69 Dodge Charger ;D

Oskaar
08-07-2004, 02:28 AM
And an updated Catherine Bach type female to distract the local constabulary! :o

Oskaar

WikdWaze
08-07-2004, 09:00 AM
Distract them? She'd distract me!

Oskaar
08-07-2004, 10:26 AM
What is the most prominent varietal of honey in your area Wickd?

Seems to me that you guys would get some awesome peach blossom honey there in Georgia. I remember driving through with my parents and we stopped at a diner somewhere and had peach blossom honey on hot biscuits. OH MY GAWD, it was awesome!

I bet that would make some great spiced peach mead. Mmmmmmm peeeeeeeeach pie mead!

Oskaar

WikdWaze
08-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Sourwood and cotton are pretty common. Clover, of course. There's even a variety you won't find in any other region that I'm aware of, kudzu. Dang Japanese weed is everywhere. I honestly hadn't done much shopping for honey before I started this quest. The only time I bought local, natural honey was at a nursery. I don't remember it being anything other than a wildflower honey. It was VERY potent stuff, dark brown color and sweet as a bowlful of Nutrasweet. Didn't go very well with my oatmeal, went back to the plastic bear at the grocery store.

I bet that would make some great spiced peach mead. Mmmmmmm peeeeeeeeach pie mead!With a bowl of vanilla ice cream? Sounds like you better get the carboy out of the closet.