• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

GrapeRaspberry Mead

Barrel Char Wood Products

mavityre

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 11, 2004
Just made another 2.5 gallon batch of Joe's quick grape mead but used Welch's White Grap/Raspberry instead.

103 oz of concentrate
5 Lbs. of Clover honey
3/4 cup of brown sugar (cleaning out the cabinets)
1 packet of Lalvin K1V-1116 yeast

Will let you know how it turns out in 5 weeks or so.

Joe's other recipe is quickly going fast!!!!!!!

Been 3 days and bubbling like mad.............

Modified 12/2/04 - Bottled and had some left over. Seems the brown sugar gives it a little bite I don't really care for.
Still, very good. Will try it cold.

Suzy_Q_Brewmistres

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 18, 2004
What is the brown sugar for?? Does it feed the yeast or what is called a nutrient? I get confused when the recipes call for nutrients or Yeast energizers...
I've got the raisins down for tannin and also nutrients... right?

:-*Suzy Q, Brewmistress

mavityre

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 11, 2004
Just thought I'd throw it in since it was there.

Turned out really good after 31 days. I just put into a secondary to help it clear.
Was so impressed that I went to the brewshop and grocery store and just finished my 5 gallon batch.

5 GALLON BATCH

218.5 oz. of concentrate. 11 White Grape/Raspberry and 8 Concord Grape = 19 x 11.5 oz
10 lbs Clover Honey
1 packet Lalvin K1V-116 yeast
Yeast Nutrient
S.G 1.124

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns