PDA

View Full Version : Orange Blossom Honey  Recipe's

ThistyViking
01-18-2004, 09:49 PM
Ok i Have large quantities of Orange Blossom Honey arriving this week (4-6 Gallons depending on how much my friends want at the mead tasting saturday).

I'd like to know what Recipes for mead are particularly Good With OBH.

In doing a Blended Mead, I have Alfalfa, Blackberry, Blueberry, Buckwheat, Clover, and TN Wildflower im-mead-iately Available for blending with the Orange Blossom and can search out others in the coming months.

Thanks in advance for the advice to come.

Vicky Rowe
01-21-2004, 12:14 AM
I did a fab mead from OB honey a few years ago that was just 1 gallon honey, 4 gallons water, yeast and yeast nutrient, using Premier Cuvee yeast, if memory serves. It turned out really nice, and I back-added some honey to give it some sweetness. The result was a semi-sweet mead, with a definite orange flavor/nose and it received rave reviews from the cast of the NC Renaissance Festival at their cast party.

Vicky

ThistyViking
01-21-2004, 05:40 AM
that is nice to hear, I was reading on a differnt mead site and they talked about OB mead beaing one dimensional. Now they were advocating blended honeys, they just weren't real specific. I'll probably do a gallon of OB honey, 36 oz of buckwheat, and 2 pounds of blackberry for a 7 gallon batch. I don't know how much charachter the other honeys will contribute but it will handle the nutrients i believe, and also round out to the size of my honey containers, depending on my S.G i may add another 12 oz kar of buckwheat for an even 3 pounds.

Any thoughts?