PDA

View Full Version : Mead Marinade

Oskaar
09-05-2004, 12:12 AM
I use my meads to marinade meats and sometimes in BBQ sauce.

Who else out there is a mead marinader and saucier? What are your favorite recipes and meats to use them on?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Oskaar

ScottS
09-06-2004, 07:13 PM
My wife uses a semi-dry show mead in every recipe that calls for white wine. 99% of the time it improves the recipe, adding a bit more flavor and a hint of sweetness. Good stuff.

no1meadwench
10-11-2004, 01:39 AM
I would like to say that my husbands obsession with mead has fed into my obsession with gardening, so I have been adding herbs and spices to vinegars I have made with mead. I am also wanting to make marinades, salad dressings, and many sauces with mead as well. The first one I started with was a red wine vinegar mother, added several bottles of Sweet clove honey mead, after the vinegar was made and ready to be bottled, I added rosemary and garlic. Makes an awesome beef roast marinade.

David Baldwin
10-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Last night I took my used oak sticks from my current batch of mead and tossed them on the charcoal. I set the grill up for indirect grilling and essentially smoked and baked 4 chicken breasts. It was truly fabulous. The chicken was a beautiful golden brown and the flavor was heavenly. I didn't use any other seasonings, and was very pleased with the result. Absolutely delicious and no added salt! :D

no1meadwench
10-15-2004, 01:37 AM
Too cool David,
You can also marinade your meat prior to grilling, I've even basted with it. It's wonderful.