• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Connical Bottom Fermenters

Barrel Char Wood Products
T

TeaTruck

From their faq:

Q) What size dose The V-Vessel System come in?
A) The V-Vessel System comes in one size. It's full capacity is 5 imperial gallons or 23 liters. The unit is marked at the Imperial and US 5 gallon levels.

Q) How much dose The V-Vessel cost?
A) The suggested Retail for The V-Vessel is $149.00 US.

Q) Where can I buy one?
A) For a dealer in the U.S., call one of the distributors listed on the home page. Otherwise call or email Piazza & Associates Ltd., also listed on the home page.

PIAZZA & ASSOCIATES LTD.
1112 Sawgrass Crescent, Mississauga, ON L5C 3V4
Tel: 416-471-7145 Email: info@vvessel.com

ThistyViking

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 15, 2003
I really like the concept of the V-Vessel, if the cost were less I'd probably own one already

http://www.undergrounddigital.com/vvessel.htm

sells for 129.00

I think my price point would be under $75, at which time i'd probably buy 3-4 There are obvioulsy costs i don't understand making this item so expensive. Nothing wrong with the concept that I know of, but not sure i want to spend 5x as much to replace glass carboys.

JamesB

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2003
Do any places sell these conical bottom fermenters which have a capacity of at least 15 gallons? I'd actually like to have a 25 gallon fermenter.

T

TeaTruck

15 and 25 gallons? Check out the links ThirstyViking posted. The research has already been done for you.

ThistyViking

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 15, 2003

Dcarlis

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 10, 2004
If you buy a conical fermenter - how do you get your liquid into it? I assume you use a pump with the bigger models.

ThistyViking

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 15, 2003
Since bigger ones include http://www.stpats.com/Fermenters.htm#vcConical models over 2000 gallons, yeah I'd use a pump fill, that and a forklift for barrels of honey. For the little 40 gallon and under models, a bucket will serve if need be. The nice thing about connicals is not having to rack, you just drain the lees off the bottom.

JamesB

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2003
Who has the best bargain for connical fermenters, 25-50 gallon size? ???

ScottS

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 12, 2003
www.slezakfarms.com
Good luck finding anything in that size. From my research, they don't really exist. You may be able to get a 25 gal, but you are going to pay BIG $$$ for it. You might as well go straight to 80 gal, and get a variable capacity one. That's what I did.

Of course, then you have to pay to get it shipped from TX.

JamesB

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2003
???Can you recommend a place to purchase a valve, lid, and the legs? And then a welder is needed... :-*

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
Actually, you can get most or all of the hardware you would need from McMaster-Carr. www.mcmaster.com

As to the welder, well there I can help you - if you want to make a short trip to western Michigan. Not only do I have access to mig and stick welders, but I'm a fair welder myself.

A bottle of ambrosia could buy my services... ;D

WikdWaze

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 2, 2004
JamesB said:
???Can you recommend a place to purchase a valve, lid, and the legs? And then a welder is needed... :-*
They sell lids at the same site. I don't know if they can be made airtight or not. If you're fairly handy, you could make a stand for it out of wood and save the hassle of welding on legs. David already mentioned an excellent site for valves and such.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns