PDA

View Full Version : The Fever

Mlawson
03-02-2004, 06:06 AM
Ok so i only have one batch on right now and it might be a dud but to be honest this is a hellova lotta fun. Any idea's on how i can quickly grow my menu? I only have 1 racking cane and one bucket right now but this is to much fun for so little an investment.

ThistyViking
03-02-2004, 07:25 AM
hehe, melomels are a favorite of mine. Walk through the grocery story, what fruit grabs ya :-)

try 2-3 pounds of fruit per gallon. Freeze the fruit, then crush the fruit, then put the pulp in an ingredient bag. Do all this about 2-4 weeks after you pitch so that the initial fermentation is all normal mead. Some people liquify fruit in a food processor or blender, but this can add clearing time.

GntlKnght
03-02-2004, 07:29 AM
we started our first batch about 7 weeks ago. We now have 4 going. One in the large primary (3 days old). A pear mead in two one gallon secondaries (2 weeks old). A Cyser in a one gallon secondary (1 month old). And our first in a 6 gallon carboy (6 weeks old). So, I guess you can start a new batch as soon as you can get some more equipment! If you want to wait until this is racked into a secondary, you are looking at about 4 to 6 weeks.
Have fun! By the way, the Cyser already tastes great! ;D

Hidalgo
03-02-2004, 08:15 AM
we started our first batch about 7 weeks ago. We now have 4 going.

Wow! I hope you had some storage space already set aside or else your living room must smell great! :)