PDA

View Full Version : Best honey prices

WikdWaze
09-04-2004, 03:53 AM
http://www.dutchgoldhoney.com/store/

Thanks to ScottS for providing me this link. I think their website is having some difficulty, or maybe they turn it off over the weekend, but the prices are good. I tried to order five pounds of my precious buckwheat, not sure if the order went through. Still, $21.60 is not bad for five pounds of honey, especially when there's no additional charge for shipping.

Norskersword
09-07-2004, 05:33 AM
That's an average price when considering shipping is involved. If shipping wasn't involved I would have to say it is expensive. It seems they included the shipping cost in the price of the products.

JoeM
09-07-2004, 09:45 AM
i've been using this companies clover honey for YEARS with awesome results...the real news though is that i buy it at costco for $9 For the 5 pound bottle!

Jmattioli
09-09-2004, 07:39 AM
Dutch Gold is a fine company. If you can afford 60lbs at a time the price is under 1.70 a lb without shipping.
Joe

dogglebe
09-09-2004, 08:55 AM
My wife and I visited Lancaster, PA, for a weekend about two years ago. I picked up six pails of honey from Dutch Gold for my friends and myself.

The extra weight made me feel like my sister was in the car the whole weekend. HI-YO!!

Phil

jab
09-09-2004, 09:02 AM
The extra weight made me feel like my sister was in the car the whole weekend. HI-YO!!

Man, that's cold. :o

-jb

WikdWaze
09-09-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm gonna tell his sister he said that :P

The only thing I'm not sure of is whether or not their honey is unprocessed. Obviously it has to be molested somewhat to transport it and package it, but do they try to minimize it?

Jmattioli
09-10-2004, 01:41 AM
The only thing I'm not sure of is whether or not their honey is unprocessed. Obviously it has to be molested somewhat to transport it and package it, but do they try to minimize it?
Yes. They tell you up front and will explain how much they process it. Most of the honey they sell is processed. However, They do sell unprocessed Clover. Most honey that has been only lightly processed or not at all will crystallize in a very short time.
Joe