PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Brew/Mead Pubs

Oskaar
08-24-2004, 10:46 PM
The other thread in this section was from March 2004 but it got me thinking about where I go around here for mead on tap.

There are only three places that I can think of, and I don't know if any of them still have mead on tap, but if they do, I'll make sure to update this link in the next couple of weeks.

Here they are:

Hero's Bar and Grill - Fullerton, CA: 116 handles (112 different beers) on tap. Used to have Mead, hard cider and widmers Pear, Apple, etc. on tap.

Henry-n-Harry's Goat Hill Tavern - Costa Mesa, CA: about 170 handles (about 120 different beers) a dive, but a pleasant dive! Mead, hard cider

The Yard House - Cost Mesa, CA: 200 taps (175 different beers) corporate America style haute-couteur bar and restaurant. Mead, hard cider, wines and martinis.

I'll check and see if they still carry meads on tap. Sounds like a pub-crawl in the offing. . . It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it!

Oskaar

Norskersword
08-25-2004, 11:27 PM
Well I wish there was some kind of online resource for this. This would be a great resource if you were in my area, but even though I'm in CA, I'm not going that far South anytime soon. :(

Oskaar
08-26-2004, 01:31 AM
Here's a link to the beer advocate.

It will have breweries and brew-pubs, on premise microbrewpubs, etc. around your area. I know in Mountain View there is a great place called the Tied House (I don't think they have any mead but they had an excellent Raspberry Wheat Beer last time I was there),

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beerfly/

You can look your area up, and see if there are any places that might carry mead on tap, and then call them.

Oskaar

dogglebe
08-26-2004, 03:36 AM
You can also visit http://www.pubcrawler.com

Phil

Norskersword
08-26-2004, 03:38 AM
Dogglebe! Where ya been?

dogglebe
08-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Dogglebe! Where ya been?

Off to London to visit the Queen--oh, wait. That's the ladybug....

I've recently switched over to all-grain brewing and am apprenticing at a brewery in New Jersey. This has been taking away from my mead time.

BTW, all grain brewing sucks!

Anyway, I'm coming back and want to get atleast four more batches of mead in the fermenters before the end of the year.

Phil

Oskaar
08-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Hey now!

Don't bash on all grain brewing.

Just remember all grain brewing is a gateway hobby that leads to meadmaking.

Concentrate now, slow deep breaths, a sip of mead . . . ahhh life is good.

LOL. I started all grain brewing and progressed to meadmaking because it was tough to find help from friends. They were more than willing to drink the porters and ales, but they were loathe to help. Meadmaking was much more fun, and the girls liked it, so we ended up making a party out of it whenever we brew around here.

Good luck in your apprenticeship!

Oskaar

Norskersword
08-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Meadmaking was much more fun, and the girls liked it, so we ended up making a party out of it whenever we brew around here.

As what is often said by artists and musicians alike: Simplicity is genious.