• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

For the Beginner.

Barrel Char Wood Products
T

The_Ferminator

This site is a good source for the beginner of mead.

http://members.cox.net/spursley/

If you are already familar with homebrewing this site will seem slightly redundant but there is a great deal of good info on mead making in there, so don't be put off by wanting to skip a few paragraphs.

He has a few recipes in there as well.

Let me know what you think of this page, please. :)

N

Nolan

8) Thanks for the site. Lots of good info. I just thought that since I am a new member I would start posting here in this thread. I made my first mead in 1990. I have averaged only perhaps 3 batches a year since. I usually just pasturize at 180. And almost always use wyeast liquid yeast. I am not prone to adding much besides honey and water to make mead.
I have of course used almost everything out there while learning but now I just like to keep it simple. I have been thinking of experimenting with Braggot Anyway, I just wanted to post. Thanks for having such a nice forum.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns