PDA

View Full Version : Next Idea: Who wants to be Toymaster?

Vicky Rowe
08-17-2004, 06:20 AM
If you've a yen for finding new site toys, and a talent for applying and customizing them, then you've got what it takes to be the new GotMead Toymaster. Gotmead is up over 1300 pages now, and the biggest need by far is for automating the system so that it can be managed better. That means good calendars, good scripts, and good tools.

No content management systems please, we've decided to stay away from them, and go with a CSS based 3-column approach.

If interested, talk amongst yourselves here, and/or email me at gotmead@gotmead.com

Vicky

dogglebe
08-26-2004, 02:09 AM
I'd like to help, Vicky, but it takes every bit of computer savvy I have just to post this reply.

How about I send you some mead?

Phil

Vicky Rowe
08-26-2004, 02:52 AM
Sure Phil, I'll take mead! Its not often that someone offers *me* mead. Usually its folks I don't know at faire asking me for some of mine......

dogglebe
08-26-2004, 03:10 AM
E-mail me where to send it to.

I reccommend that others do the same. Vicky has done so much for us with this site. It's the least we can do.

Phil

Oskaar
08-26-2004, 03:18 AM
I can get behind that. Is it legal to ship to your location from So Cal Vicky? If so, I'll fire off a bottle of the Orange Blossom Special when it's ready to rock!

Oskaar

Vicky Rowe
08-26-2004, 06:11 AM
Unfortunately, NC isn't a good state to ship to. I usually classify stuff as 'yeast samples'.........

dogglebe
08-26-2004, 10:58 AM
I've shipped 'packages' via UPS, Fedex and USPS. I tell them it's glassware. I've never had a problem, though the gorillas at UPS once destroyed about half a shipment I sent to a competition once.

Phil

Vicky Rowe
08-28-2004, 11:04 PM
Well hey, didn't you notice that the Samsonite gorilla (y'know, the one who used to jump up and down on the luggage?) seems to have disappeared? Well, now he moonlights for package delivery services..........

Oskaar
08-28-2004, 11:12 PM
Ya know!

That last UPS guy reeked of bananas . . . and had a killer five o'clock shadow!

Oskaar

kace069
10-21-2004, 11:39 AM
I think everyone should send Vicky a bottle of thier finest. Seems like she deserves it for all her hard work. And she has already gave us the best gift. gotmead.com!!!!

David Baldwin
10-21-2004, 07:13 PM
I'll happily climb on board the bandwagon to send Vicky a bottle of my finest!

May have to wait for it to age a bit first... such is the lot of a NewBee to the bobby :D

Pewter_of_Deodar
10-21-2004, 09:51 PM
I don't have anything to give.... :-[

But those of us doing the yeast tests will soon be sending her a few samples! :)

Vicky Rowe
10-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Shucks, y'all are great! I'd actually have some mead to drink! I usually end up giving away most of mine.......

Vicky - researching market trends in the online billiard sales business for a soon-to-be customer