PDA

View Full Version : Best Darn Mead Site on the Web

Jmattioli
09-12-2004, 11:58 PM
This one of course! What did you expect? Thanks for all your hard work Vicky. I hope you get at least half of the enjoyment out of it that we are (That would be more than enough). You've created a wonderful monster.
Joe

WikdWaze
09-13-2004, 01:53 AM
I second that emotion ;D ;D ;D

Oskaar
09-13-2004, 05:07 AM
Party at Joe's house! BYO-Mead! LOL

Oskaar

Jmattioli
09-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Party at Joe's house! BYO-Mead! LOL

Oskaar
Thanks, Oskaar, Yes, that's an open invitation for any member of GodMead passing through the Northern KY or greater Cincinnati area. You don't even have to BYO. But not this week. Heading to MO on Thursday. We will even put you up for the night cause I 'm sure you won't be able to drive. ;)
Joe

Oskaar
09-13-2004, 12:02 PM
One of my strong points is that I'm not proud. I have a habit of handing my keys to my hosts in situations when I am unfamiliar with the surroundings, and will be consuming more than two glasses of anything.

This has been a pretty safe approach for me.

Oskaar

Vicky Rowe
09-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Awww...thanks guys. I try. I was just surfing some designs I liked for the new look and feel...trying to decide.

Thanks for the kudos, and I'll try to keep the site useful!

Vicky

Oskaar
09-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Hey,

I have to say that the more I come to the site, the more I want to come back. There are so many knowledgeable people here that I learn something new every time Iím here. Iíve been making wine, beer and mead for quite a while, but never really concerned myself with things like specific gravity, or acidity, pH, etc. because I usually go by nose and taste, appearance, texture, etc. I started making wine with my family as a kid and after a while you have a good idea what will work and what wonít.

For my part, I do enjoy getting very granular in details, especially in methodologies and processes. So to find a resource like this board is great for someone like me who wants to round out my practical experience with some underlying empirical acumen. I majored in Microbiology with a minor in Chemistry so a lot of this stuff was touched on during my schooling, but I have never really applied it except in winemaking and figuring out molar solutions for my parentsí Jacuzzi!

All that aside, this is a tremendous resource and itís the people that are the main attraction. Lotís of different personalities, approaches, methods, procedures and philosophies make for a rich and diverse set of skills to round out my brewing core competencies.

So thank you all for suffering a fool from time to time.

And of course, thanks to Vicky for keeping this thing alive!

Oskaar