• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Flavoring

Barrel Char Wood Products

Whteknght

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 25, 2004
I have made a melomel (raspberry) that just lacks a bit of taste. I have decided to add flavoring to make up the difference. When wandering the halls of my local super store, I can across a Coca-Cola product called 'Flav-o-rave' that consists of flavoring, colors, and sucralose (splenda). Does any know what effect if any the sucralose with have in the bottles (will I be making grenades)?

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Splenda should be fine. Just don't use too much or you will get a very distinct sweet but not sugar taste that sets my teeth on edge. If you want to know what I'm talking about get some of that Carb Smart BBQ sauce at the local Supermarket and taste that stuff. They got really carried away with the Splenda there.

I use splenda in my salads and a number of other things that I make with no problems. People always ask about the recipe and are surprised when I tell them.

Oskaar

Whteknght

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 25, 2004
I was worried because it's derived from sugar and still in the -lose family. Just wanna make sure I'm not popping corks!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns