PDA

View Full Version : Honey (Generic)

terricksa
10-12-2004, 05:37 PM
I got the opportunity from a coworker to get soem mead on the cheap. He gave me a sample and it is very light and tastes yummy. My question is , what is the best way to use it. I was thinking making 5 gallons of a basic mead and after primary is done transfer it to several 1 gallon jugs and add fruit and other thing to experiment?

Talon
10-12-2004, 06:02 PM
That is one way. Another is to use it to make vinegar or cooking sauces. Another is to use your basic recipe to find exactly what you like by modifying one or two things at a time...

There is no limit to experimentation. First find a honey you really like. There are almost as many different types of honey in the United States as there are types of cars. Make a basic mead with it and then see where you can take it.

Good luck with your experiments.
Talon.

Derf
10-13-2004, 01:20 AM
I believe that terricksa ment that he had come by come cheap honey, not cheap mead. Am I right?

terricksa
10-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I was talking about the honey.

I got a sample and it was better than the stuff I had last year so I got a gallon and a half.

Now just need to decide what to make. I am leaning towards making 5 gals and then splitting into 1 gal with different flavoring.