PDA

View Full Version : 30 Days later, I'm hooked

scottlind
11-17-2004, 09:46 PM
it's been 30 days and i see no end to this madness!

the more i drink the more i make, i drink one i make two.

hooked... HOOKED I TELL YOU ;D

here are two pics of my son's and mine mead aging room.

from left to right, agent orange, blueberry, raspberry, blk cherry and blk currant.

thanks again for all your input! 8)

http://www.users.qwest.net/~lindfs/Pictures/meaDSC00390.jpg
http://www.users.qwest.net/~lindfs/Pictures/meaDSC00394.jpg

Aggie4You
11-17-2004, 09:49 PM
In the second picture, it looks like the Raspberry mead may have a foaming problem. Or maybe it's just the light...

scottlind
11-17-2004, 10:16 PM
it's going to get racked in a day or so. it's 30 days old and releasing 1 bubble every 35 seconds or so.

we had it in a plastic bucket for the first week till it calmed down a bit but i think it was still a lil wild when we first moved it to the carboy.

at any rate it will e nice n clean in a couple of days.

Aggie4You
11-17-2004, 11:11 PM
They all look nice (at least, the three I can see).

Question: Do you have any kind of airlock for the pails, or do you just place the lid on top and not seal it?

scottlind
11-17-2004, 11:25 PM
i just have the lids sitting there, not snapped down, i put the yeast in last night. i hear a covering of cheesecloth works best but i don't have any.

i will stir these once a day for five days then rack to glass carboys.

i'm going to make as much as i can during the next five weeks because i figure i will go blind after drinking joe's "death by ancient orange" ... won't be able to see well enough to make any more.

wasn't "ancient orange" used as a defoliant during the vietnam conflict? ???

Erik_the_Red
11-18-2004, 01:46 AM
Speaking of ancient orange... Anybody know the best way to retrieve the oranges out of the carboy? I thought a wire hanger?

Aggie4You
11-18-2004, 02:07 AM
Make a new batch on top of them? ;D

Jmattioli
11-18-2004, 02:21 AM
After you get all the good stuff out Eric, you turn it upside down in the sink and shake and use your fingers. If you waited long enough they would pour out like mush.
Joe

Erik_the_Red
11-18-2004, 03:25 AM
Outstanding, thanks for the info ;)