PDA

View Full Version : thread read count

Aggie4You
11-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the thread read count increases each time you switch pages in a thread? Is there any way to fix that, or is it just something to be aware of once threads go beyond a single page?

Oskaar
11-18-2004, 10:58 PM
That's a standard forum logging method that is used. It's a literal counter so anytime you touch the subject and switch pages, etc it is logged and counted. I've seen it like this in a number of different forums all over the place.

Oskaar

Vicky Rowe
11-18-2004, 11:28 PM
I'm sure it could be 'fixed', but I'll be honest, its a lot of programming work for a small return. Given my limited time to play with Gotmead, I'd rather concentrate on stuff that I can put up that will give us more use. Besides, I'm not sure I *could* figure out how to change how it counts 'thread read'.....LOL

Vicky - not a great forum programmer, but good at making mods with help

Aggie4You
11-19-2004, 02:19 AM
I didn't expect anyone to "fix it.", I just thought maybe someone had seen a fix for it. It really isn't a big deal, but kinda funny.

Vicky Rowe
11-19-2004, 02:40 AM
Thanks for pointing it out! I hope I didn't sound testy or anything, it wasn't intented. I guess I gotta use smileys more! ;D

If you find a fix, let me know, and I'll cruise my usual sites and see if anyone has tweaked that....

Vicky - who just messed up nearly every page in the site doing a global change and had to go back and undo it.....