PDA

View Full Version : Ambrosia Honey discovered by Oskaar

Jmattioli
12-05-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm not revealing the details but today I tasted a secret honey that Oskaar sent that cannot be described except as incredible. Potential Ambrosia! You want anymore info on this breaking news then you will have to ask him cause if I told you, then I would have to kill you. :-X
Joe

artmc
12-07-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm not revealing the details but today I tasted a secret honey that Oskaar sent that cannot be described except as incredible. Potential Ambrosia! You want anymore info on this breaking news then you will have to ask him cause if I told you, then I would have to kill you. :-X
Joe

Okay, since Joe seems not likely to spill the beans, as it were.

Oskaar, what is this honey and how readily available is it??

Figured I should be direct about it ! ;D

* art *

Oskaar
12-07-2004, 11:56 PM
Well,

I'm looking at some honey from Mexico that my cousin sent me. I have to take a trip down there in the spring and start negotiating with the beekeeper to get some from him and what kind of a deal I can swing.

There isn't any more available during the winter, but from the rain we're getting now, it should be a very good spring so I'm very hopeful.

More when the honey becomes available. I can say that if this honey is untouched and unrefined as it seems to be, that I have not tasted it's equal anywhere. It's simply incredible.

Oskaar

artmc
12-10-2004, 02:02 AM
Well,

I'm looking at some honey from Mexico that my cousin sent me. I have to take a trip down there in the spring and start negotiating with the beekeeper to get some from him and what kind of a deal I can swing.

There isn't any more available during the winter, but from the rain we're getting now, it should be a very good spring so I'm very hopeful.

More when the honey becomes available. I can say that if this honey is untouched and unrefined as it seems to be, that I have not tasted it's equal anywhere. It's simply incredible.

Oskaar

So basically your teasing us !!?? ;D

Seriously, I am looking forward to hearing more about this. :)

* art *

beeboy
12-16-2004, 07:23 AM
Two years ago I was able to harvest some early spring honey that must of come from sasafras (sp?) trees, they bloom right before the maples and have a taste that is compleatly different from any store bought honey I have ever tasted. Hoping for some more this spring but it depends on the weather and the bees. If you can find a local beekeeper you might get a different flavored honey which he won't sell as table honey because of the flavor but would make a wonderfull mead. Honey flavors are seasonal, depending on what is in bloom at the time. Wonder what the bloom was that produced the Ambrosia honey that Oskaar discovered.
Drink, Laugh and Love, Beeboy

Oskaar
12-16-2004, 11:32 AM
The flavors are citrus, but they are so distinct that you can tell what kind of citrus they are, lemon, orange etc. The flavor is so pronounced that it is almost unnerving how easy it is to tell the different kinds. There is also a clover that is out of this world.

I'm hoping to find out that there is more, and that I can get it across the border without it being prohibitively expensive. I also have to verify that there is nothing added to the honey to enhance the flavor, or that it has been modified in any way. Being a skeptic I taste this stuff and think to myself that it can't be this good out of the gate. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Oskaar

Talon
12-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Okay, after the honey passes the test, you'll be selling samples, right? ;)

Oskaar
12-16-2004, 11:47 PM
Straight up!

Oskaar

Talon
12-17-2004, 12:51 AM
WOOT! Put me as first on the list! Well, after everyone else who has already signed up of course...

beeboy
12-17-2004, 05:06 AM
Sounds like Oskaar has found the Holy Grail of honey, soon to be a mead fit for the gods ;D. Please let us earth bound mortals know how it works out. Drink, Laugh and love, Beeboy

Oskaar
12-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Let's hope it all checks out and the logistics of getting to and from Mexico aren't too prohibitive. That would be a drag.

Oskaar