PDA

View Full Version : yeasties going crazy

mead_monkey
12-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi, im a new mead brewer and am working on my first batch (thirsty viking's cysler) and have recently transfered from the primary to the secondary fermenter. The lil yeasties have gone into hyperdrive since the transfer, and the airlock is bubbling faster than during primary fermentation.

Is this anything i should worry about?

I sampled some when i transfered, and it was already most wonderful! it would be a shame if something is going wrong. :-/

hopefully im just paranoid :)

thanks
mead_monkey

Tsuchi
12-12-2004, 05:24 PM
IF you haven't added any additional ingrediants...I would guess that you may have gotten a fair amount of oxygen into the mix during the transfer thus helping the yeasts make little yeastie babies. Awwww aint the little gaffers cute! Dosen't sound like anything to worrie about, in fact sounds like crongradulations are in order...To the proud papa of a happy yeast comunity.

JoeM
12-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Your racking may have caused a large amount of the CO2 in solution to offgas giving the impression of a renewed fermentation.

mead_monkey
12-12-2004, 11:16 PM
Thanks, its nice to know nothing is wrong.

My apartment has a no pets policy, but i think they will make an exception for my yeasties ;)

ThistyViking
12-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Hi, im a new mead brewer and am working on my first batch (thirsty viking's cysler) and have recently transfered from the primary to the secondary fermenter.
I sampled some when i transfered, and it was already most wonderful! it would be a shame if something is going wrong. :-/

Ah another cyser head, i enjoyed mine at every stage of fermetation ... the increibly shrinking batch.

May your be as enjoyable for you.

Talon
12-20-2004, 07:36 PM
My apartment has a no pets policy, but i think they will make an exception for my yeasties

Well, let's hope that they don't have an antibacterial fetish either... *grins*