PDA

View Full Version : A trip to the HBS...

Dmntd
10-07-2005, 05:13 PM
is reminiscent of owning Harley's.

Back in the day, when something broke it meant a triip to the parts store, the funny thing about harleys, no matter what part or patrs where needed (even a shifter), I wasn't getting out of the store for under a hundred bucks.

Tripped to the parts LHB store today for filter pads and 375ml botltes. Bottle drying rack, bottle rinser, detergent, iodophor, corks, push-in corks, yeast, superfood, acid blend, case of 375 bottles, filter pads & nearly $200.00 later I won my way home.

I keep telling myself... there will come a point, when I'll have the tools that make the task less hassle & at that point a trip for supplies won't thin my wallet.

Anthony

Glacierwulf
10-07-2005, 06:55 PM
there is a "contest" between my & my brewing buddies .... who ever can get out of the LHBS with spending the least $$ wins

beeboy
10-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Almost had the same thing today. Finally got a "quick" trip in to the HBS here in Daytona. 10:30 in the morning the store owner is pulling a bottle of mead out of the fridge to sample. It was a classic mead a bit on the sweet side, nice to finally taste something that didn't come from my mead cellar. Next a customer comes in with a stout for more sampling :D. Real nice flavor with a bit of a kick. Took almost an hour to get out the door with a case of bottles. Boy do I love trips to the HBS ;D

byathread
10-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Always great people at the LHBS. My recent trips have included the sampling of an elderberry braggot, an oaked porter and many other delicious brews!

mead_monkey
10-07-2005, 09:49 PM
oh man, im missing out :(

Im in a little town where the school makes up over half the population... so its online ordering for me.

no site is ever thoughtfull enough to include samples ;)

Brewbear
10-07-2005, 11:52 PM
I know how you feel Anthony,
My last trip to Stein Fillers was as a favor for a friend, she needed a solid bung and all I had were the drilled ones. I left with two new buckets, 2 beer kits, caps, capper, bottle rack, yeasts, DAP, and a good buzz, they were sampling the beer.
The samles convinced me to get the kits ;D
I was looking at a couple of beer kegs but my wallet said No :'(, at least for now.

Ted

Dmntd
10-08-2005, 12:07 PM
The LHBS is home to, The Cellarmasters Home Wine Club & The Maltose Falcons Home Brewing Society, founded in 1973 & 1974 respectively.

It's kind of odd, of all the time spent there, I've yet to be there when the beer/wine/mead has been flowing.

Anthony