PDA

View Full Version : quick mead

jiminy
10-30-2005, 06:52 PM
I've been looking for recipes on the web for mead an have noticed a few 'quick mead' recipes. I think this is what I need as I am a college student living on campus and would like to begin a batch while at home for thanksgiving that would be ready for bottling when I am home for Christmas. Is there anything I need to know about yeasts or recipes, or do I need to use chemicals to stop fermentation before bottling if it hasn't quite finished? I do not want any carbonation as I will be using my parent's wine bottles.

Oskaar
10-30-2005, 07:53 PM
If you go to the recipe section you'll find several recipies and lot's of chatter about quick meads.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Brewbear
10-31-2005, 12:18 AM
Welcome to the forums ;D
There is the 2 week mead by lostnbronx, the 3 week mead by Joe Mattioli,....they all require active involvement with the process, cold stabilization....
Look for Ancient Orange by Joe Mattioli. It takes about 8 weeks more or less, buy it is the type to *set it and forget it*. Be sure to follow the recipe to the letter (no kidding) and you will have a great mead to enjoy for Valentine's. I know, not what you had in mind, but your sweetie will love you for it ::)

Hope that helps,
Ted