• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

The Elder Scrolls

Barrel Char Wood Products

mouko_yamamoto

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 21, 2005
Is anyone else here hopelessly addicted to The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind? It is a one person role playing game set in a fantasy world, and you have practically unlimited freedom. It does have a main quest, and ton and tons of side quests, but you can choose to do whatever you want. If you have an Xbox, go out and get the Game of the Year Edition, it's like $20 or $30.

I was just asking because I had been looking forward to the fourth Elder Scrolls, "Oblivion" for a long time, slated to come out end of November with the launch of Xbox 360. But they moved the game release back until next year! I'm gonna go crazy!

CheshireCat

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 21, 2005
I'd play my consoles more often if I could just stay away from World of Warcraft for a day or so. Been playing WoW for a year now and I barely touch the noobsticks anymore. ;D

mouko_yamamoto

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 21, 2005
I'd like to get into WoW, but I have a suck comp. Couldn't even get SW: Galaxies to run right. Any ways, how is WoW? I've heard people say it was either good or bad, but never why...

CheshireCat

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 21, 2005
Well, since I've never played any of the Everquest games, I can't really compare it to that. This has been my first major MMO, I played a UO clone called Dransik for about 2-3 years.

WoW's graphics aren't top notch, but the effects (spells, enviroment, etc) are really great. The controls are simular to a FPS but, there are diffrent keys for strifing and just turning. The player classes leave a bit to be desired, though. It's pretty well known that Shamans are the eaisest class to play, since they do a bit of everything.

The storyline is also very nice and adds alot to the whole general plot, if you've played the Warcraft RTS games. Some characters make apparences, while others are just refered to.

If you've ever played Diablo 2, then you'll catch on to the skill tree system very quickly, but again, for most classes the skill trees are very unbalenced and it doesn't take long to figure out what is the obviously best path to take.

Blizzard is getting ready to release a expansion pack that will add a couple new playable races, add another profession, and raise the level cap from 60 to 70.

mouko_yamamoto

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 21, 2005
blub blub blub blub... My head is spinning. I got into the rpg game later than most, and seem to be behind the curve. Well, something to compare it too... ever played Runescape? :D

CheshireCat

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 21, 2005
Runescape? Yes, I briefly played Runescape few years ago, but it didn't really hold my interest. I think that was right around the time I started playing Meridian, it might have been a bit before.

BeerBaron

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 28, 2005
First off I want to say Hi. I've read the forums here for a while (over a year) and this is my first post. I had to say something when I saw the topic. Morrowind was a big addiction for me and is where I first heard of mead. Naturally I looked it up and thats how I ended up here.

BeerBaron

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 28, 2005
Unfortunately no, I've been having trouble trying to find good honey in large enough quantities and at a reasonable price.

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
BeerBaron - Costco and Sam's Club have good honey at a reasonable price.
They may not yield a world class triple gold medal mead but for starters they will do the job.

Ted

Geoo

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 1, 2005
Just to add my three cents :)

I played Morrowind a few years ago on my PC, and then purchased it for the Xbox for my son. The game is really kind of cool with the ability to do or go where ever you like, and not be so limited. But that was also the problem with it in my case because after I finished the first few "assigned" quests, I couldnt figure out where to go next.

Since other games were mentioned. I also played Meridian and its neat when I see someone else that has played it. They have started up the Meridian servers again and I got really excited because that was my first MMORPG but it didnt have the same mystique after playing Everquest and others.

Havent played WoW and probably wont. Having played EQ, EQ2, UO, Meridian, humm are there others... I just find that they dont make me have that "WOW, I'm in another world" feeling. But friends of mine that play WoW say that the graphics are ALOT better than EQ.

Might have to play around with Morrowind again though, if I can wrestle the game controller from my son. Surely there is something I can ground him for. ;D

Geoo

mouko_yamamoto

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 21, 2005
Geoo said:
Surely there is something I can ground him for. ;D

Geoo

Heheh, too funny. Well we just got our stuff shipped in yesterday, and my brother dug out all the stuff and found Morrowind, was getting ready to play well I told him House was on. So he watched that for an hour, and at the end was all excited to go play Morrowind. Turns out the movers packed the xbox power supply in a different box! He spent the rest of the night looking for it, never found it. Made me giddy as sin.

Anyway, Geoo, did you beat the main quests? They kept me occupied for some time.

Geoo

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 1, 2005
I dont know if I did or not. I dont think I did. I was sent by the theives guild to kill a member of a cousel.. But they beat me every time and I couldnt figure out what to do next. And the guy wouldnt give me any more quest until I did it... Atleast thats the way I remember it..

Darn you.. now I am definatly going to have to go back and play a bit.. It kind of reminded me of the game Theif.

Geoo

mouko_yamamoto

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 21, 2005
Heh, nah the main quest missions are the blades' quests. They suck at first, but then get hard. You have to do other quests along the way, or your skill level will never be high enough. AHH!!! I wanna play!

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
Morrowind was fantastic, but filled with easily exploited AI. Still, it sucked many an hour of my life away on PC. The Xbox version was a nice attempt, but anyone who played it on PC will probably be left wanting more. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is to be released in 1st quarter of 2006, and looks absolutely increadible. The physics look amazing, and the the NPC's come alive with amazing individual AI that allows them to exist with or without your interaction. If you haven't taken a peek at ElderScrolls IV, I highly suggest doing so. It will likely be the best reason of 2006 to stay at home locked in a dark room until your power supply burns out.

Greenblood

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
Wow, I haven't really played and of the Elder Scrolls since I played Arena and before that I was hooked on Bane of the Cosmic Forge. (both PC format) Now that dates me a bit, but really I spend WAY too much time here to get back into the rpg's.

David

Geoo

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 1, 2005
Ever heard of Wampus? Keyed it in my myself, into a self built 6800 kit computer my dad built, when I was a kid. Is that dated?

Geoo

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns