PDA

View Full Version : How long do you . . .

Oskaar
11-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Live off of ThanksGiving leftovers?

For me it's turkey sandwiches as long as bird lasts. The stuffing and potatoes go quickly, but the bird seems to last a little longer.

What kind of mead did you drink with Thanksgiving Dinner, and did you eat yourself into a tryptophan coma that could only be ridden out on your, or your relative's couch?

Enquiring minds want to know >:D

Cheers,

Oskaar

Dmntd
11-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Hey Oskaar,

I slice the breast for sandwichs, that last about a week. The dark meat, bones and carcass make 4 - 6 quarts of turkey soup and/or gumbo, it might be july before thats gone.

I had a sparkling traditional mead with dinner, but didn't eat myself into a coma.

Be well,

Anthony

buzzardwhiskey
11-25-2005, 03:15 PM
We're actually making turkey AGAIN tomorrow because we
don't have left overs (we went to some friends for dinner).

My wife likes the white meat, I like the dark. Sandwiches with
mayo and banana peppers for at least three days. :)

Brewbear
11-26-2005, 02:02 AM
Took 2 fried turkeys and some beer (1 case) to my cousin's :-\ They finished it all!!!!
Got to get up early on Sat to fry another one so that my baby can have some.
And by the way, how come the people that are *on a diet* and don't eat fried foods or drink alcohol are the ones that finished the turkeys and drank all the beer?? >:( >:(

Ted

Angus
11-26-2005, 01:55 PM
A second complete Thanksgiving meal the day after, followed by sandwiches for about 3 days usually. Only cooked a small turkey this year.

First time ever that I drank Mead with the meal, Ancient Orange as this is the only one I have ready. It really does complement turkey meat well. Once again, thank you Joe.

As for the coma....Bill Bryson had a wonderful description of his sleeping habits while on trains that included Mucus Toads and frightened children. Very appropriate to describe me after the meal.

Angus

Talon
11-27-2005, 12:03 AM
This year, I drug the wife and kids out for dinner as I had no desire to have to cook all day and clean all night... We fully took the day off! WOOT!

Talon.

Pewter_of_Deodar
11-30-2005, 12:22 PM
My wife promised to throw away whatever turkey was left at the end of the day today! Whew...

BeerBaron
11-30-2005, 01:51 PM
I eat Turkey sandwiches on home made buns for as long as I can get them.