• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Wrathwilde's Labels - Not Work Safe

Barrel Char Wood Products

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Re: Wrathwilde's Wicked Temptation Pyment Label

Just a note, if you look closely on the previous picture link you may notice the labels on the bottles in the picture are actually labels from my "Peel me a Grape" and my original Acerglyn Label.

Wrathwilde

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC

What? No nipple clamps??

Wink wink, nudge nudge, say NO MORE!!

Cheers,

Oskaar

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com

I'll tell you what I'll do... when I send you a bottle I'll make the one on the left a redhead with a discreet "Oskaar" tattoo.

Wrathwilde

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
Wrathwilde,
Absolutely amazing labels!! I think I will have to expand my choices of celtic knotwork. Very nice!!

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
Wrathwilde,
Thanks it is my family crest.

I can tell that I will have a long way to go making labels.

Man, so many things to think about... Best dive into some photos I have and drum something up...

Thanks for the examples!!

Slainte!!

NeadMead

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 2, 2006
Wrathwilde, you are a dirty minded pervert.
I like that. ;D >:D

mouko_yamamoto

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 21, 2005
Hmmm... I think I prefer the former more. It seems to fit well for a chocolate mead, as intended. The latter seems more like a generic label, and not intended specifically for just one batch.

But, what are your thoughts?

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
MY,

The only problem with the former is that it doesn't lend itself to batch info, the modified color pic file got written over accidently with the flattened layer image as shown. No matter how much I seem to play with the Original Picture I can't seem to get that Golden/Chocolate look back, It seems to want to turn black and yellow grey instead of brown and gold when I print it. As for the new label... I thought I might go with a Satyr Theme throughout my batches. >:D Another problem is that on my label sheets the labels butt right up against each other, so with variations in the sheet feeding I'll get a slightly cockeyed sliver of the bottom of the image on the top of the next label, which on a square corner label might be alright, but my expensive box of 4x5 waterproof vinyl labels have rounded corners don't look nearly as nice with the slivers trimmed off. Hence my reworking of labels to have a white border. Yes, I agree they're more traditional label layouts, and I can still play around with the image, but I do agree it's lacking when compared next to my other labels... I'll see what else I can come up with.

Wrathwilde

scout

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2005
scoutbrewblog.blogspot.com
I love the Snow white label, Wrath! I was thinking of doing a "poisoned apple" cyser one of these years, with a little almond flavor added, for that authentic poison taste. *big grins*

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Hartford, Huntingdon, United Kingdom
I finally got a chance to check these out today. The hyperlinks weren't working last time I tried.

The labels I've seen through this link area really outstanding!!! I just hope I can come up with something even remotely near the class of talent involved in this thread and the referenced threads attached to it.

Hmm... my wife has a cousin in graphic design... nah, that would be cheating. :angel4:

The Red Lion

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 8, 2007
Wrathwilde,

Would you be interested in designing me a label for my home brew mead? Let me know, I would pay you. I paid $150 for my last label but I would like to upgrade it.

Let Me know,

The Red Lion

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns