PDA

View Full Version : Create your own online brewing log!

webmaster
12-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Hi all!

Well, the new site is coming along nicely. One new toy I need y'all who like to fiddle is the BrewBlog. You need to go to http://www.gotmead.com/index.php and create an account (if you haven't already).

Click on 'Make a blog entry' in your user menu (lower on the left, under the main menu after you log in), and you can blog your brew log right into the site, into a database that gets backed up regularly (or at least it will as soon as I finish the cron file this week), and have your brew log online, accessible anywhere. It's set to not allow comments, so it will be you, you and only you creating your online record of meads.

Email me with any problems, so I can fix them, and let me know what you think!

Vicky - fiddling with the reciprocal linking system

webmaster
12-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Hmm. Just went in to add a blog, and it won't let me enter text in the main text area. Is this just me?

Vicky - emailing the programmer....

byathread
12-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Well, when I tried to register (using my same username/password I use here in the forums) it gave me an error and told me to contact the administrator. :P

JamesP
12-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Hmm. Just went in to add a blog, and it won't let me enter text in the main text area. Is this just me?

I PM'ed you about the MLD, but that is the same symptoms I was getting with the MLD.

webmaster
12-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Well, when I tried to register (using my same username/password I use here in the forums) it gave me an error and told me to contact the administrator. :P

You should be good now. Try logging in. I had installed a bridge between the CMS and the forum, and it wasn't working right. I've uninstalled it, that was likely the problem.

Vicky - trying to figure out this editor thing.

webmaster
12-12-2005, 09:45 PM

I PM'ed you about the MLD, but that is the same symptoms I was getting with the MLD.

I've got some inquiries in on the Joomla forum at http://forum.joomla.org. Hopefully we'll figure it out. I'm having no problems creating regular documents in the *backend*, but in the front end, the blog is making issues....

Vicky - working out bugs on the fly

webmaster
12-12-2005, 09:54 PM

Well, turns out its a Javascript thing. Found a reference here: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,14056.0.html . Looks like I'll have to check all the code for the blog component and see where its figuring on www. for the domain. My 'livesite' is set to gotmead.com by the system.

Vicky - going to slog through code

webmaster
12-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Yep, that was it. Take the www out of the URL, and you can then edit. Weird. Now I have to track down where this occurs and try to fix it.

webmaster
12-12-2005, 10:05 PM
OK, I changed the system config. See if you can edit now.

webmaster
12-12-2005, 10:07 PM
OK, nevermind. Doing *that* makes it so you can't login. ::sigh:: Searching for another solution....