• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Create your own online brewing log!

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hi all!

Well, the new site is coming along nicely. One new toy I need y'all who like to fiddle is the BrewBlog. You need to go to http://www.gotmead.com/index.php and create an account (if you haven't already).

Click on 'Make a blog entry' in your user menu (lower on the left, under the main menu after you log in), and you can blog your brew log right into the site, into a database that gets backed up regularly (or at least it will as soon as I finish the cron file this week), and have your brew log online, accessible anywhere. It's set to not allow comments, so it will be you, you and only you creating your online record of meads.

Email me with any problems, so I can fix them, and let me know what you think!

Vicky - fiddling with the reciprocal linking system

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hmm. Just went in to add a blog, and it won't let me enter text in the main text area. Is this just me?

Vicky - emailing the programmer....

byathread

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 8, 2005
Boulder County, CO
Well, when I tried to register (using my same username/password I use here in the forums) it gave me an error and told me to contact the administrator. :p

JamesP

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 3, 2003
Brisbane Australia
Vicky the Gotmead Webwench said:
Hmm. Just went in to add a blog, and it won't let me enter text in the main text area. Is this just me?

I PM'ed you about the MLD, but that is the same symptoms I was getting with the MLD.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
byathread said:
Well, when I tried to register (using my same username/password I use here in the forums) it gave me an error and told me to contact the administrator. :p

You should be good now. Try logging in. I had installed a bridge between the CMS and the forum, and it wasn't working right. I've uninstalled it, that was likely the problem.

Vicky - trying to figure out this editor thing.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
JamesP said:
Vicky the Gotmead Webwench said:

I PM'ed you about the MLD, but that is the same symptoms I was getting with the MLD.

I've got some inquiries in on the Joomla forum at http://forum.joomla.org. Hopefully we'll figure it out. I'm having no problems creating regular documents in the *backend*, but in the front end, the blog is making issues....

Vicky - working out bugs on the fly

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
JamesP said:

Well, turns out its a Javascript thing. Found a reference here: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,14056.0.html . Looks like I'll have to check all the code for the blog component and see where its figuring on www. for the domain. My 'livesite' is set to gotmead.com by the system.

Vicky - going to slog through code

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Yep, that was it. Take the www out of the URL, and you can then edit. Weird. Now I have to track down where this occurs and try to fix it.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns