• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Will you be attending Meadfest this year

Barrel Char Wood Products

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
It may still be a bit early for some people to answer this, but I am curious to know how many of our members will be attending Meadfet this year. My lady and I will be attending, and will have 2 other mead makers with us, and at least 2 aditional mead drinkers. Will you be attending Meadfest 2006?

Would anybody be interested in having a Gotmead swap? I will be bringing a few different meads to the festival, and it would be a blast to meet up with you all and have a little tasting of our own. If there are only a few people interested, then we could do this in my (or somebody's room) if there are quite a few people interested, then maybee we could do it at some of the tables by the pool during the day. It would be realy cool to try and have an anual Gotmead get together at Meadfest. I have already made 2 mazer friends because of Gotmead, and I am always looking to make more. :)

What do you think?

Greenblood

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
I'll be there for sure, with the Podcast setup. I plan to do some interviews 'in the street' and am looking for a headset mike I can hook into a recorder so I can record as I taste meads at the Tasting, as well as planninng 'sit downs' with various folks. This will be the inagural GM podcast.

Dmntd, would you give me a call so we can plot it out? I need your expertise on this.

I'll be in on Thursday, and am traveling on my own this time (had a friend along last time). I'm actually staying in Boulder until Wednesday, as I intend to visit the 4 CO meaderies to do interviews. I'll be staying at the hotel Thurs-Sun, and with Julia Herz from Redstone Meadery Sun night til Wed. Any of you in the Boulder/Denver area that would like to meet up for lunch or dinner, let me know so we can plan. If you're in town and want to go to the meaderies with me, I love company!

I think a Gotmead swap would be great! If I'm on my own for a room, I can host, but I'm waiting to see if I'm pulled as a judge. If I am, then I'll be sharing with someone (Fest judges for the commercial competition get a room credit if they share with another judge)

I think either way, we should plan a party 'round the pool of all the GM'ers that will be attending.

I've attached a 'normal' (not in Faire garb) picture of me for those that haven't met me yet. My hair is a bit redder now, but otherwise I haven't changed much.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
Hey Greenblood,

Meadfest, meeting Gotmead regulars and mead tasting, sounds like fun. It'll be a few weeks before I know if I can make it or not.

Happy mazing

Anthony

SteveT

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 1, 2004
Vicky the Gotmead Webwench said:
I'll be there for sure, with the Podcast setup. I plan to do some interviews 'in the street' and am looking for a headset mike I can hook into a recorder so I can record as I taste meads at the Tasting, as well as planninng 'sit downs' with various folks. This will be the inagural GM podcast.

That would be way cool Vickie!

Greenblood -- Unfortunately, time and expense in getting there will keep me away. However, one of my meads is there now :D

It would be fun to share meads with the GM crew and meet in person.

Steve

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I'll be there, armed and dangerous.

I'm shooting for Thursday arrival as well and plan on being there until Sunday. I think a gotmead "mead crawl" is in order. First one to pass out will rue the day! ;D

Cheers,

Oskaar

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
I will be arriving on Friday with lots of good mead and leaving Sunday with lots of good memories. Well depending on how much mead is consumed, I may not have many memories. Wish I could stay longer this year, but the majority of our crew has little vacation time. We will probably want to do the tasting sometime during the day. I immagine that evenings will be fairly busy for everybody, and I do not know how constructive a GM tasting will be after a 90+ commercial mead flight. :) Probably just be a lot of slurs and smiles, but little discussion. Not that I get much more reaction than that from my friends when they sample my meads. :) How does Saturday bruch sound?

Greenblood

byathread

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 8, 2005
Boulder County, CO
I'll be in Colorado for a week hanging out on the Western Slope so my schedule is flexible. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you fine folks for a GM party and/or mead crawl!!

Question: Is everyone buying tickets for the mead tastings for both days? I guess I'm not entirely sure how the fest is structured. I assume the tickets are for both mead sampling and seminars? Both of which will be more-or-less ongoing? I did not see any schedule/agenda on MeadFest.org.

Thanks,
Kirk

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
A mead crawl sounds like fun.

Speaking of lamenting... it was a custom with the gang I ran with in my youth to Decorate the first one to pass out with indeleble marker, lipstick and whatever was at hand (the gals where wicked compared to the guys). I can remember going for BloodyMary's more then one sunday morning when people in the bar looked more then normal, only to find I had multi-color flowers drawn in Sharpie around my eye's and on my face when looking in the mirror while washing my hands in the restroom. At least they put my boots back on after painting my toenails. :p

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Greenblood: Saturday brunch sounds fine! Lets plan on it.

Kirk: Oh, I *envy* you the skiing...I haven't been out for many years. I'm buying tickets for both, if I don't get picked as a judge. Same thing each night, but its hard to get to all of them in one night without just single mindedly drinking (and I've got too many friends to see for that!). The tickets are for one night and seminars. I don't know what seminars are planned. I sent an email off to Julia, and will try to find out.

Tony: Your friends sound like a scary bunch to get drunk with! LOL....I'll remember not to get too sloshed around you....

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
ohhh... common Vicky, it's fun waking up in cloths other then your own. ;)

I'd tell you about waking up in a leather mini-shirt with two women I don't recall meeting, but thats another story.

Anthony

p.s. Don't be getting any funny ideas, Oskaarz met me. Me in a mini-skirt is nothing short of plain scary.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
No, maybe not the mini skirt, but I'll bet I could give you cleavage with my bodice.....LOL...don't laugh, I've seen it done.

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
LOL, heheh heh heh hehhehhehehehehehheh.

Thank's Vicky, thats the best laugh I've had in months, I really needed it too.

I will say, I don't think even your bodice will lace tight enough to give me cleavage, I doubt it would it would make it around me, I wear a 58 long coat.

Anthony

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
At that, I still doubt you could get cleavage without breaking a couple ribs.

Anthony

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
Hey if I can scrape up the scratch to gas the car and get a room for a couple of night's, this Saffron mead should at least be clear. That and I can subject you to this root beer Braggot.

Anthony

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
I'll take you up on the saffron, but root beer? Dunno.....I'll give it try, but I usually don't like root beer. Maybe the spice will be ready by then.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
LOL...sure wish you could go! We'll miss you. I'll take my camera and get pix of everyone to upload......we'll get Oskaar and Dmntd in some compromising position after they pass out.

memento

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 3, 2005
www.flickr.com
meadfest sounds very cool! I wish I could be there, too. :( It would be great to hang with you guys (and girl) for a weekend of mead.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns