PDA

View Full Version : New Year Resolutions

Oskaar
01-01-2006, 01:47 AM
OK, seems like every year we have some resolutions to try and keep. This year I'll go with one I've used before, but still makes sense to me:

Resolution: I shall endeavor to remain calm in the face of folly by my fellow man.

Past that all bets are off!

Cheers to all of you, have a happy, healthy, prosperous and healthy New Year.

Oskaar

WRATHWILDE
01-01-2006, 02:14 AM
My resolution is to be resolutely resolute.

Wrathwilde

SteveT
01-01-2006, 10:36 AM
My resolution was to make no more resolutions :D

Angus
01-01-2006, 09:36 PM
To think before opening my mouth.
To smile when faced by those who donīt.

Oh, and to lose 25 pounds.

Happy New Year

Angus

David Baldwin
01-01-2006, 10:07 PM
To become better organized and keep better records.

To spend less time at work and more time with my family, friends, and my mead.

briankettering
01-02-2006, 02:01 AM
My only resolution this year is to brew more styles of beer, wine, mead, cordials, vinegar, and soda this year than I did last year. ;D

Brian K

Brewbear
01-02-2006, 02:50 AM
To eventually stop smoking :-\
To be of help to those who need it, to finally apply for the masters program and to spend more time with my family.

Cheers,
Brewbear

Dan McFeeley
01-02-2006, 01:51 PM
To spend less time on the Internet and more time doing the things I need to be doing.

Darn! Broke it already. ;D

Brewbear -- what kind of Master's degree are you thinking about? Whatever it is -- go for it! It's hard to describe how much graduate studies will enrich your life (never mind how it can help career goals) until you've been through the program, had a chance to catch your breath, and then putting your newly won skills to use.

And of course, what you get out of the program depends on what you put into it. If learning is a life long hobby for you, a good graduate program will provide just one more channel for that passion, plus giving you better focus.

Go for it!

Pewter_of_Deodar
01-02-2006, 03:37 PM
To lose some weight so that I can stay healthy longer for wife, kids and eventually grandkids...

CheshireCat
01-03-2006, 11:57 AM
To play less World of Warcraft.....bwhahaha, yeah right. :D

jab
01-03-2006, 10:04 PM
I resolve to change my weight. Hey, if it goes up or down I win! :P

Brewbear
01-04-2006, 02:36 AM
Hi Dan,
I was (and still am) considering a masters in either forensic genetics or molecular genetics. However, I found a brewer certification program offered online by UC DAVIS and am really tempted.
I understand the value of higher education, I have a BS in biology and biochem after which i went thru a 2 year program in human genetics. A few years later i found that I can make my own computer so went back to school and the MCSE program just for the sake of learning.
Honestly, I'm not looking for the "glory" of a plaque on my wall, just the learning experience. I enjoy the learning process and maybe that's why I started brewing. I was very fortunate to find this site and be guided by the experienced people on the forum and that is better than a classroom!
I have to resolve some issues with our HR Dept. over tuition reimbursement and work schedule and then....back to school! My 10 year old niece can not comprehend why I'm happy to go back to school, I told her that in about 30 years she will understand ;)
Cheers,
Brewbear

WRATHWILDE
01-04-2006, 03:56 AM
My 10 year old niece can not comprehend why I'm happy to go back to school

For the late night Parties, Pizza.... and the Pretty Pretties, but I don't think it will take her 30 years to figure that out.

Wrathwilde

Drunk Tailor Mark
01-12-2006, 11:15 PM
My New Years resolution is not to run around the town naked again. They didn't like my last streak. Also I tore up my feet by running barefoot.