• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

What do we drive?

Barrel Char Wood Products

What do you drive - daily driver or recreation?

• sedan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sports car

• Truck/SUV

• Motorcycle

• Electric or Hybrid Vehicle

• Bicycle, Unicycle, Other

• Buss/Train/Mass Transit

• Station Wagon (land yaht)

• Full Size Van

• Mini Van

• Total voters

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
OK, Maybe I'm bored out of my mind today, but here's another poll to get a peek at who we are as a group.

What is your favorite or maybe most typical form of transportation?

My daily driver is a 1979 International Harvester Scout II. It's big yellow, and takes a huge bite out of my walleet at the fuel pump.
My brother bought it new in 1979 and it has been in the family since then.

I also trail ride with my 1977 Honda CT 90's Cute little trail bikes that run forever on a tank of gas.

David

Consul

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 8, 2005
My car is a basic 2002 Saturn SL 4-door. No fancy options or features.

82,000+ miles and still going good.

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
I take transit the most, as my boyfriend needs our car to get to and from work

The car is a 1986 VW Fox. It's crappy, but it's still running for now /touch wood

Lugh

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2005
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid. Got it to eco/budget-balance out my wife's Ford Explorer, and because gas prices in San Diego are a bit extreme. Getting 42 MPG and very happy with it.

mouko_yamamoto

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 21, 2005
Used to drive a '78 Camaro, sold it in the move, drive a Honda Accord now. Also, getting my motorcycle license in spring, so I can *legally* ride.

memento

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 3, 2005
www.flickr.com
I drive a 2003 Outback with 65k miles and a KILLER stereo. :D The reason I have it is because it is AWD and manual transmission. It's taken a beating on my commute, but is holding up very well. My next car might be a WRX.

My wife drives a 1999 Saturn SL2 with 90k. Very good car, but we need AWD for her because of where I live (on a mountain with lots of snow). If we get an Element, then that will be the family car (when we have kids) and I will get my WRX. :)

I also have a 1974 super beetle from my father. Bought new in 1973.

Mu

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 1, 2005
Melbourne
Well I don’t actually have my full license, I haven’t got round to getting my probationary license yet, as I don’t really feel like driving. Hence I ride my bike, use my feet, or look to public transport or friends making the same trip.

I probably should get my license, but I won’t get a car, to expensive to keep if you don’t have full time work <im a student>

Mu.

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Well, let's see;
1. daily driver and camping or hiking, I'll drive the '94 Suburban
2. Going out in style, the'87 Cadillac with 68k miles on it.
3. Hot date or quick trip to Vegas the 92 Camaro Z28 custom. It has the original factory LT1 305 HP engine that was used for Corvette and Highway Patrol cars.

Cheers,
Brewbear

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I drive a 1990 Toyota SR5 V6 4x4 Extra Cab, Charcoal with a matching camper shell. It gets me to work, to hunt and just about anywhere else I want to go. 250,000 miles and still going strong.

I'm restoring a 1919 REO Model F Speedwagon. It is one of only 2 or three anywhere that I've been able to find. REO was Ransom Eli Olds (who was the Father of the Oldsmobile) who invented to the manual assembly line, which was later automated by Henry Ford.

Cheers,

Oskaar

2800 Posts with this one.

kash

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 20, 2006
Www.perverted-justice.com
Been lurking for some time, now's my chance to duck out from behind the woodruff.

Oskaar drives a '90 truck? So do I. 'Cept mine's a ford F350 4 door, dually, 7.3L diesel (with the slide in camper, from time to time) "Truckzilla" has over 400K miles I just can't find it in my heart to get rid of him. Hell, I'd be down right stupid to get rid of a truck that won't die. Albeit, it's a tad bit of an eyesore.

So, last fall I found an '03 Ford F350 4door 4x4 7.3L Turbo-diesel. This bad boy has wheel envy though, only 4 rims on the new kid. Paid $29,700 for it and it had 39Kmiles on it. Not nearly the deal I had on truckzilla. Back in '93 I paid $5,900 and it had about 35K on it.

Makes my wife crazy, I need to run to town, I take Truckzilla. Going to a buddies house? Truckzilla. Work? Truckzilla. About the only time I fire up the new kid is if we're headed out of state. Gotta admit, the interior is much nicer and I do appreciate a decient sound system.

I knew there had to be some reason I've been liking your posts Oskaar.

Kash.

Tyred

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 11, 2005
I drive a stationwagon, which falls outside the options given. Still, I don't drive that into work. I catch the bus for that. It gives me an extra half an hour of sleep. The car is used for shopping, brewhouse runs and taking the kids all over the place.

Alden

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 13, 2005
Generally, I drive my black 94 S-10 extended cab. It's holding up fairly well, but I'm ready to replace it with something new. I've been eyeing the new Dodge Chargers.... My other vehicle (which the wife drives) is a 2003 Dodge 1500 quad cab with an 8-ft covered bed. It's our SCA vehicle. It can carry a ton of crap and haul a pretty hefty trailer. ;D

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
OK, I added Station Wagon to the poll.

How could I forget the venerable land yahts? We owned two late 80's Buick Electra / Buick Regal Estate wagons.

I hated to finally send them off to the bone yard. The ride in those was wonderful and you could haul almost anything in those monsters.

We got rid of those and bought a 99 Subaru Forrester which I really like. I would be driving that to ease the wallet shock at the pump, but a good friend is borrowing it for a while.

My wife drives (and loves) her 91 Mazda MPV 3.0L V6. It's the perfect vehicle for her to get the kids to school and a super efficient grocery getter. It actually gets significantly better mileage than the Subaru.

Anyeay, for the winter I drive the Scout. It's just way too much fun in the snow...

I also added Full-size and Mini van catagories

HomeBrew

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 13, 2005
For hunting and hauling I drive a 1993 Toyota extended cab V6 (manual)...240,00 miles and rusty but still going strong.

My daily driver (and used for backpacking trips, etc.) is a 1999 Toyota 4Runner V6 (manual).

For music festivals, some camping trips and generally messing about I drive a 1970 VW Westphalia.

JAG

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 5, 2005
Oskaar said:
I'm restoring a 1919 REO Model F Speedwagon.
Very cool!!
I just got a 2005 Toyota Tacoma quad cab. Luv it!!! Had to because my 1989 Toyota x-cab just blew a head gasket. It's getting fixed, but it's our plow truck now. ;D

wilstang

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 29, 2005
Modified '89 mustang GT. Dyno test: 292 RWHP, 329.6 RWTQ. Drag strip results: best to date 13.18 sec. qtr mile @ 104.78 mph. On drag radials. Would go 12s on slicks if tranny doesn't blow.Except for short block did my own work...ported heads& intake,home made ram air system,&lots of other boring stuff.
28 mpg @ 70mph cruisecontrol on long flat open hwy. 15mpg in town.

Wife drives '90 subaru legacy wgn.

Also have '84 Yamaha XV 920.

Will

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns