PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Wine and Beer Wholesalers Threaten Consumer Wine Revolt

Oskaar
01-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey all you Illinois folks (and everyone else) on the forums, better check this out.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060119005792&newsLang=en

Looks like it's time to call your state reps and raise some hell.

Cheers,

Oskaar

memento
01-23-2006, 11:33 AM
I hate this stuff. freakin greed. 24 cases per person per year per winery. How many of us will even push that limit? Glad to read that at least the Supreme Court supports us. Bring down the cartel!

Dan McFeeley
01-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Hey all you Illinois folks . . .

Yikes! That's me! I'll get on that right away . . .

Folk more in the know on winery law than I am might want to chip in on this, but I would guess that the move on the part of the wholesalers will also threaten commercial mead as well. I've tried talking to our local outlet into introducing mead among his selections but so far he's been wary. A law like this may make it impossible.

memento
01-23-2006, 01:59 PM
as far as the laws are concerned, mead = wine, so this applies to mead also.

Dan McFeeley
01-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Done! Letters were sent via "Free the Grapes!" and for good measure, I also sent a news tip to the Chicago Tribune. They've covered the Illinois wine scene in the past, so hopefully they will be very interested in this.