PDA

View Full Version : OK all you boozy meadmakers! Who will be at the meadfest?

Oskaar
02-02-2006, 09:04 PM
This has been asked before, but I'd like to get it all in one place to see how many bodies from Gotmead will be there.

Thanks,

Oskaar

mdand3bees
02-02-2006, 11:49 PM
mdand3bees will be there Sat. may go to talks friday night.

Dmntd
02-02-2006, 11:55 PM
A.W. Flight 486 arrives DEN at 11:47 the 10th.

Anthony

webmaster
02-03-2006, 01:06 AM
I'm landing at Denver around 12:30 pm on Thursday, will pick up Oskaar (and possibly GntlKnght and his Lady) and head up to the hotel.

I'll be there all weekend, and staying until the following Thursday to visit the CO meaderies.

Oskaar
02-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Getting into DEN around 10:00 am and will be loitering around the airport until Vicky and Gntlknight and Lady Gentleknight arrive.

Cheers,

Oskaar

WRATHWILDE
02-03-2006, 08:58 AM
ScottS asked me how many from GotMead are going... adding "*clutches tickets in gleeful anticipation*". So you can expect to see him there. I'm not able to make it this year, hope to attend next year though.

Wrathwilde

Angus
02-03-2006, 09:04 AM
No, unfortunately work has me grounded. :'( But I will be eagerly awaiting the podcasts to hear you all.

Angus

byathread
02-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Driving over from Montrose with a friend Friday morning. Should arrive in Boulder around noon.

One week!!!! :o

Summersolstice
02-03-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm arriving Thursday and will stay through the weekend. Will there be a booth or something? What about a get-together? I was only planning on bringing a half dozen bottles of various meads - should I bring more? I'm very "Ancient Orange heavy" right now, or is everyone weary of it? It seems to be a favorite around here and I've had quite a few, "Can I buy a bottle?" requests from those who've had it.

Also Vicky - will there be an SCA presence? Do you know if Outlands will be represented? I'm from Calontir and am bringing a couple of other Calontiri along who have a commercial braggot entry.

-K Herald

webmaster
02-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey Summer,

No booth (not this year, anyway). I'll be wandering around with a microphone and headset recording folks most of the weekend, except for Friday when I'll be in the judging for the commercial meads.

As far as an SCA presence, those of us there constitute it, I guess. No official SCA presence will be there that I'm aware of.

I'll be looking forward to the commercial braggot! Does your friend plan on having a tasting table at the Tastings?

Summersolstice
02-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi Vicky-

Too bad about the lack of an "official" SCA presence. I guess we're it, then!

This is my friend's (also an SCAer) first time to enter the mead festival. He's entered the Great American Beer Festival in Denver the past few years and won a Gold Medal at the 2004 World Beer Cup for his Black Sheep Espresso Stout. This braggot entry is called Honey Wheat, 30% honey and about 8% alcohol, and is his best seller at the brewery (I personally prefer the IPA). He doesn't know whether he has a tasting booth or not. He said the flyer advised him to line up volunteers or plan on manning a table all day, so he assumes he does (?). The brewery is called Thunderhead.

GntlKnght
02-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I will be arriving Thursday afternoon with my wife. Looking forward to going to a couple of the meaderies in the area while we're there too! ;D

Greenblood
02-06-2006, 10:45 AM
I will be arriving Friday afternoon, and staying until late Sunday afternoon. I think we settled on meeting Saturday Brunch time by the pool. I will have 2 ajoining rooms, and will be happy to host a get together or GM headquarters/meeting place in one of them. I'll keep an eye out for all of you on Friday night.

Cheers

Greenblood

Wi1s0nX
02-06-2006, 01:43 PM
I'll be there.....

More of a lurker here, but since I live in boulder and have a couple of entries in the Home Meadmaking competition, I will be adding to both the Homebrew and SCA (OUTLANDS!) Contingent.

-EEg

ScottS
02-08-2006, 05:05 PM
I'll be there, along with my friend and business partner. We're arriving Fri morning and leaving Sun morning.

And unfortunately, I don't have any mead to share. Everything is still aging... Next year, I promise.

webmaster
02-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Don't feel bad, Scott. I've so much gear with the Podcasting setup that I've no *room* for mead, at least outbound. I plan to bring some back though........

Vicky - all packed up and getting ready to crash, since I have to get up at 3:30 am to catch my flight

Oskaar
02-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Dude,

I'm bringing along several bottles of my hooch. You're covered.

Cheers,

Oskaar

ScottS
02-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks. :)

Actually I realized I do have a couple things to bring. They aren't necessarily good, like the results of the yeast test. But I'll bring them anyway.