PDA

View Full Version : I'm Cryin'!

lostnbronx
02-05-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm on my last glass of my bochet (http://www.gotmead.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=103&topic=2896.0), and I'll have to pants-up, stumble out to the shed, and hunt for my last bottle of AO if I want to maintain my buzz tonight to my usual high standards. What's a boy to do...?!

-David

lostnbronx
02-05-2006, 02:05 AM
Oh!

Oh, god!

I just finished my last glass!

Oh, Ancient Joe...save me from the pain of sobriety!

-David

Oskaar
02-05-2006, 02:33 AM
NPO in the hospitals used to mean Non per Orum (nothing by mouth i.e. no food, water etc.) but I think in your buzzed state it might mean No Pants On when you headed to the shed. We heard about a full moon in Northern Arizona tonight on the news.

Cheers,

Oskaar <---- Laughing hysterically picturing new moon and full moon meadmakers . . . so that's what it meant!

Brewbear
02-05-2006, 04:23 AM
Hey David,
That's exactly why I started brewing beer! It keeps me off the mead until it gets a chance to age a month or more and I don't have to face the cruelty of sobriety!

Cheers,
Brewbear

Dan McFeeley
02-05-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm on my last glass of my bochet (http://www.gotmead.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=103&topic=2896.0), and I'll have to pants-up, stumble out to the shed, and hunt for my last bottle of AO if I want to maintain my buzz tonight to my usual high standards. What's a boy to do...?!

AO is one of the easiest, and among the quickest meads to make. There's also the CW recipe, another quick mead, also contributed by Ancient Joe.

If you're hunting about for more mead, that's your own fault.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dan McFeeley
02-05-2006, 10:05 AM
A little more.

Some one help this poor soul before he turns to Budweiser!

Pewter_of_Deodar
02-06-2006, 12:18 PM
A little more.

Don't we ban people from Gotmead if they sink that far? ::) ::) ::)

lostnbronx
02-06-2006, 01:24 PM

When I was a kid, there was this big German Shepard in the neighborhood named Budweiser, who'd occasionally slip his chain and go a-roamin'. He was a creature of near-legendary status, around whom abject terror and whispered horror stories swam like pirranha:

"That...that's Budweiser! Watch out for him...he killed a kid once!"

On those occasions when he'd indulge in temporary freedom, the block was in absolute panic:

"Budweiser's loose! Budweiser's loose! Run for your lives!!!"

Lucky for me, crippling fear will always prevent me from sinking that low.

-David

Miriam
02-07-2006, 08:18 AM
You didn't live in Bergenfield, NJ at that time, did you David? My sister-in-law, who lived there, had a fearsome dog named Budweiser, a real monster, I've been told.

I'm glad that dog was out of the picture by the time I met my husband, or he wouldn't have become my husband. :o

My turn to cry now - I can't drink at all for the next 8 days because I'm taking a heavy medication that won't go with mead - or wine - or even a little Bud - or anything else. :'( :'( :'( Well it's better than being in pain. Although the pain of no mead may be worse.

Miriam