• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Alive and well at the Meadfest

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Day one: We were halfway to Boulder when the mead kicked in! LOL

Seriously, it's a great event. We tore it up pretty good last night until about 2:00 AM in my room many dead soldiers stacked up outside the door this morning followed by many empty glasses.

The last round of the Home Competition was last night and was very well run and stewarded by yours truely, along with Gntlknight and Mrs Gntlknight, JAB and Mrs JAB, and the Wench herself.

More to follow, off to judge another round of commercial meads. Whoo hoo!

Cheers,

Oskaar

SteveT

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 1, 2004
Oskaar said:
Day one: We were halfway to Boulder when the mead kicked in! LOL

Seriously, it's a great event. We tore it up pretty good last night until about 2:00 AM in my room many dead soldiers stacked up outside the door this morning followed by many empty glasses.

The last round of the Home Competition was last night and was very well run and stewarded by yours truely, along with Gntlknight and Mrs Gntlknight, JAB and Mrs JAB, and the Wench herself.

More to follow, off to judge another round of commercial meads. Whoo hoo!

Tell us more! Who was in attendence at the Oskaar party? How were the home brews?

Steve

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
I understand mead was involved, but where are the pictures???
Oskaar and Dmntd in fishnets and bustieres!!!

Cheers,
Brewbear

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Brewbear said:

Yeah... You're not in Vegas, so it doesn't stay in Vegas. Should have thought of that when you guys planned the competition. I sent an extra bottle of Cherry Melomel with my entry to be passed along as a thank you to Vicky... Anyone know if she got it?

Wrathwilde

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Well,

As I've stated in the fotos for fun area, I don't post images of myself on the internet, and anyone here who has taken a photo of me in a group or individually has been so informed. So if one pops up, I will take it down. I have a degree of privacy in my life that I like to maintain. I hope you all understand.

That being said, I've met a lot of the gotmead folks here and partied pretty hard (got in at 5:00am) and I'll give you more detail in a bit. But now there's food to be had, and mead to be swilled in mass quantity.

More later,

Oskaar

T

The Honey Farmer

Are you saying that little Oskaar picture on the side isn't you????

Dennis

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
Wrathwilde said:
Brewbear said:

Yeah... You're not in Vegas, so it doesn't stay in Vegas. Should have thought of that when you guys planned the competition. I sent an extra bottle of Cherry Melomel with my entry to be passed along as a thank you to Vicky... Anyone know if she got it?

Wrathwilde

Yeah, it got to Vicky, and then to everyone else. It was among the many meads scattered throughout the party on Saturday night. Good stuff Wrath. It had a lot of big fruit flavor. I enjoyed a few glasses myself. Mind you, I was in no position to properly appreciate it, having blown out my pallete with a big glass of Blueberry Maple Liquor from Intermiel. My God that Intermiel has got it going on! You need to make it out next year. a great time was had by all.

Greenblood

Summersolstice

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 14, 2005
Central Nebraska, USA
I too sampled some of Wrath's melomel. I noticed it on the tasting table and just had to try it. I'm glad I did!

I agree with Greenblood's assessment of Intermiel http://www.intermiel.com/index-a.htm. I told Andre that I thought their meads were, overall, the best of the commercial entries, and that was a difficult decision considering all the excellent commercial meads at the event. I only hope they're able to get their distribution problem taken care of so we can buy their product here in the States!

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
I'm glad it made it to Vicky... and everyone else who had a chance to sample it. Hope I can make it next year and enjoy all the wonderful meads, and meet all you wonderful meadmakers. I'll have some even better meads to enter next year, I thought my Cherry was still too young and sweet, Oskaar twisted my arm to enter it. I was tempted to name it Jailbait Cherry instead of Wanton Cherry. Glad people enjoyed it... I'm letting the bottles I have age for another 6 months to a year before trying them again.

Wrathwilde

byathread

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 8, 2005
Boulder County, CO
MeadFest was awesome! Well-worth the expense if you can afford the time.
Sadly I didn't get a chance to kick it with my fellow GMers much, but enjoyed meeting a few of you, as well as lots of other neat folks.

Drats!! No Cherry Melomel! :-\

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns