PDA

View Full Version : Meadfest Photos

Summersolstice
02-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Not very many and the quality is none too good from the scanned photos but I hope you can get a feeling of the event. Cheers...

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/278556/index.html

mouko_yamamoto
02-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Nice, but I was hoping to see more drunken nakedness. :P

Summersolstice
02-16-2006, 11:49 AM
I didn't want to "expose myself" to liability issues!

SteveT
02-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks for posting these... looks a like a nice time.

Miriam
02-16-2006, 04:12 PM
That was a treat, thanks SummerSolstice. I see that most of the guys have beards, exceptions being Ken Schramm and David Meyers...just confirming a theory popular on this forum. ;D

Miriam

jab
02-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Hey Miriam. Actually at the meeting/get together we had with the GM folks I was actually surprised at how few beards there were. I was expecting more. I have had mine so long I don't think I could live without it, especially with the nice 12 degree temps I woke up to this morning. And to think, it was 68 just 2 days ago!

Miriam
02-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Jab,

Oh lawdy, too cold for me. I'm shivering here in rainy central Israel at 59 degrees. But I did enjoy seeing the photos of snowy Boulder; it's a place I've long been curious about. I'm glad your beard kept you from freezing...

Miriam

byathread
02-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Its been a beautiful dry/sunny (for the most part) winter in Houston. I'm 'bout ready to do some spring-cleaning and go clean-shaven for a change. Hope my meads don't suffer ;D

Alden
02-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Its been a beautiful dry/sunny (for the most part) winter in Houston. I'm 'bout ready to do some spring-cleaning and go clean-shaven for a change. Hope my meads don't suffer ;D

Yeah, but it's been a little too dry...my lawn is more brown than green. Also, I brew sans beard and my meads don't seem to have suffered too much. ;)

WRATHWILDE
02-17-2006, 12:37 PM
I brew sans beard and my meads don't seem to have suffered too much. ;)

Hair of the dog? I had to laugh... my brothers name is "Sans" so brewing Sans' Beard doesn't interest me.

Wrathwilde

Angus
02-17-2006, 12:51 PM
my brothers name is "Sans" so brewing Sans' Beard doesn't interest me.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh man, good one. Can't stop laughing.

Angus

webmaster
02-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Hey Summer, can I grab some of the photos for the articles I'm writing? I didn't have a camera (and wouldn't have been able to juggle one with the microphones anyway!) and need pix.

Anyone else have some pix of the Fest? I've got several articles to post, and need any you might have......

Vicky - heading off to pick up the kid from school....

veektor
03-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Anyone else have some pix of the Fest? I've got several articles to post, and need any you might have......
I have not been able to get to the forum for a while, but I took a some pictures during the breakfast GM meeting we had, and will make them available for you and all soon, hopefully.

Summersolstice
03-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Sure you can Vicky - no problem. The quality of the scanned photos on the site isn't good at all. I can email better ones if you prefer. Let me know...

webmaster
03-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Yeah, Summer, Veektor, that would be great! You can send them to me at gotmead@gotmead.com. I'm *finally* home from traveling (thank goodness!) and am working on articles and podcasts. With luck, I'll have stuff starting to go up next week.

Summersolstice
03-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Vicky - I emailed you the photos you requested this morning. Did they all arrive ok?

Oskaar
07-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi Summer and Vicky,

Thought I'd resurrect this thread since I didn't see a response. Hopefully Vicky received the photos in good order.

Cheers

Oskaar

webmaster
07-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Yep, got 'em. Now to write the long overdue article.....