PDA

View Full Version : Need 1 Gallon Beer Recipes

Ahkaine
02-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Hi All,

I've got several batches of Mead going, but one of my friends requested some homebrew beer. I have no experience brewing beer, although I'm intellectually familiar with the process.

I don't drink beer, so I'd like to make a small, 1 Gallon Batch to save my larger carboys for more mead. Anyone have any recipes for small batches of beer (any type)? All I've been able to find on the net are for 2.5, 5, or 6+ gallon batches. Anything geared for a beginner would be great.

Any help is appreciated.

Ahkaine

CosmicCharlie
02-22-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm in the process of making two 1 gallon batches (my question about priming is on the beer page). I'm experimenting with spices and herbs other than hops, so I wasn't concerned with the grain bill. I just used one 4lb can of extract for the two batches. I poured about half the extract into a stockpot, boiled then cooled it, pitched yeast, then used the rest for a second 1 gal. batch. Primary fermentation was in glass, so I used one 3 gallon carboy for one batch, and I used a 1 gallon carboy equiped with a blow-off tube for the other.

So I guess my point is that you dont have to do an all grain recipe if you dont want to. You can keep it simple. But if you want to use grains only, go for it!

Brewbear
02-23-2006, 01:57 AM
Hey Ahkaine,
Welcome to the forums!!
The quickest way to do it is to get a 1 gallon extract kit. The only place I know of that sells it is www.steinfillers.com but I'm not sure they have an on-line store. You can call them at (562) 425-0588 and see about sending you the kit. As far as I know, the kit is $5.00 and if you live in the Long Beach,Ca or thereabouts the store is local.

Hope that helps,
Brewbear