PDA

View Full Version : Let's keep it safe out there!

Dan McFeeley
03-02-2006, 03:46 PM
An announcement just came through on AHA TechTalk
which should be of interest to readers on these forums.
This is a new Blood Alcohol Calculator, designed with
the intent of providing better results than other calculators
out on the 'net.

Naturally, results of an blood alcohol calculator aren't
100% accurate, but they can give good guidelines. The
AHA version looks to be an improvement over previous
sites.

Take a look at the URL for the site for more info:

http://www.beertown.org/education/calc/bac/bac.aspx

SteveT
03-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Hey! Maybe we need a BAC MEAD calculator :) ;D

Brewbear
03-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Great resource Dan, but I have one question: How is that calculator going to help me after I had a few drinks? Last time I tied one, I was trying to make a phone call...on the TV remote ::) Couldn't even get a dial tone on the darn thing!!!

Cheers,
Brewbear

NeadMead
03-04-2006, 05:58 AM
BAC does not concern me. I do most of my drinking at my home. I stopped getting intoxicated at other places in my late twenties. Since then I had two to three drinks within a five hour period. If one hour or less one drink maybe two, but no more. Unless, of course, I am home. In that case in five to six hours I would be paying homage to the porcelin gods. :-[

lostnbronx
03-04-2006, 12:02 PM
I don't drink at all if I have to drive, which, in practical terms, means I only drink at home. In this case, I don't care about blood alcohol level; however, this is a neat tool for determining the potential our creations have to cause intoxication. For me, it's academic but interesting.

-David

Dan McFeeley
03-04-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm with NeadMead and LostnBronx on this one -- I prefer a homesetting for ETOH consumption, and moderate at best (or worst ;) ). It's a good site to check, however, to get a fairly close idea of what one's individual capacity might be. Some of this stuff can sneak up on you if you're not keeping count, and it's helpful to know what the count is. ;D

SteveT
03-04-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm with NeadMead and LostnBronx on this one -- I prefer a homesetting for ETOH consumption, and moderate at best (or worst ;) ). It's a good site to check, however, to get a fairly close idea of what one's individual capacity might be. Some of this stuff can sneak up on you if you're not keeping count, and it's helpful to know what the count is. ;D

Absoultely! I'm with you on this one, I'm way past the days of consuming Uncle Ethyl and driving ;D Would much rather stay home and imbibe (enjoying a nice Cyser tonight ;)