PDA

View Full Version : Brew log info

NeadMead
03-04-2006, 02:31 AM
Obviously the recipe is on it. I think that goes without saying. What other information goes on the brew log?

webmaster
03-04-2006, 02:46 AM
Go take a look at the recipes posted over here in the right column, but basically its:

- recipe
- Original gravity (if you take it)
- notes all during the brew, any time you do something (you want to be able to duplicate it later if its good)
- final gravity
- tasting notes and friends' comments

vicky - who *really* should be going to bed....

lostnbronx
03-04-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm rather of the opinion that we should include notes about our intentions and purposes in the log, in addition to "just the facts". When reading other people's logs, I find it immensely helpful to know why they've chosen to do something, and what they hope to gain by it. It may seem like a minor thing, but it can really lend perspective on someone else's recipe.

-David

WRATHWILDE
03-04-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm rather of the opinion that we should include notes about our intentions and purposes in the log, it can really lend perspective on someone else's recipe.
-David

I agree wholeheartedly! I'll remember to do so on my next log.

Wrathwilde

Riadfodig
03-11-2006, 04:50 AM
A good example where intentions can help is with spices. I added 15 sticks of cinnamon to my batch of cyser from the start intending on a strong flavor. Without the knowledge of intent, any adjustments would be without prior understanding of the baseline.