PDA

View Full Version : I miss you guys!

scout
03-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey everyone! I just wanted to drop you all a line and let you know that while I may have dropped off the face of the internet for a while (and will be again, very likely) I miss you guys and will be back, hopefully later this year.

The last few months have been well . . .lets just say weird. We moved into our new house (do NOT ask whether we are unpacked yet!) back in October, and promptly (like the 2nd day we were officially moved in) found out I was pregnant. I do not do pregnancy well, which is one of the main reasons I have not been online since. So I have 3 months left, and I can't wait to get this soccer player out of me! :) Unfortunately, that means that my brewing has suffered. I just haven't gotten up the enthusiasm to start new brews when I CAN'T DRINK THEM! :( grrr . . . although it does mean that I haven't drank any of my already started brews before their time. :) The only thing I have tasted was my first mead, Joe's AO, which I brought to my family's Christmas gathering last year . . .Mmmmmm, everyone loved it. And I have two bottles still in storage.

So to those of you who wondered where did scout go, now you know, and as for how my pumpkin meads turned out . . .to be honest, I don't know! *snicker* I'll let you know in 3 months.

Big hugggs to all and hope your brews are brewing well!

webmaster
03-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey Scout, we *were* kinda wondering where you'd gotten to! Congrats on the impending Soccer Player (and when he/she gets older, Bottle Washer/Filler, thats what my daughter does for me....LOL), and buck up, that 3 months will be over soon.

Just remember, sleep when the baby sleeps, or you'll get none! I learned that when mine was little.....'course, now she's 13 and I lose sleep worrying instead!

Do let us know about the pumpkin meads, when you get to try them!

jallan6977
03-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Good luck with the new addition. I hope you start having an easier time with prgnancies.

But not to many:>)

Sigmund Von Meader
03-09-2006, 04:03 PM
. . . I do not do pregnancy well, which is one of the main reasons I have not been online since. So I have 3 months left, and I can't wait to get this soccer player out of me! :) Unfortunately, that means that my brewing has suffered. I just haven't gotten up the enthusiasm to start new brews when I CAN'T DRINK THEM! :( grrr . . .

Big hugggs to all and hope your brews are brewing well!

And you too.

Enthusiasm is so important. You must mead, and mead more so you will have more meads to celebrate and share.

Perhaps, when the soccer player is out and kicking?

I have two batches of Ancient Orange that are fermenting in the basement. You shared your Ancient Orange during the Christmas season? With the spices, I wonder if this is a good mead for the holidays.

My Ancient Orange batches will be too late for Purim. Maybe next year.

A gezunt ahf dein shaychar dvash!

NeadMead
03-10-2006, 02:24 AM
Scout, we do not know each other......yet, but that will hopefully change. Congatulations on your upcoming soccer player. I am new to this site as I joined just earlier this month. I hope that your coming child is healthy. May the gods grant you great brews.

Miriam
03-10-2006, 05:44 AM
Scout, lovely news! I hope you feel well, and especially well enough to make some mead for after the little one is born. Anything you make now will just about be ready by the time he/she is starting to take those first steps (puts time into a strange perspective, doesn't that?) :)

Here is a blessing I've often heard Sephardic women give to a preganant one: "May you lie down (to childbed) in peace, and rise again in peace, with your arms full." They always make a gesture of holding a baby at those last words. So may it be for you.

Miriam

WRATHWILDE
03-10-2006, 07:12 AM
We miss you too Scout... but then you already knew that. May your duct taping days return soon.

Wrathwilde

Mynx
03-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Yay for incipent munchkins!! Glad to hear from you again scout, and may the delivery and all other things go well for you!

(/going to beat her hormones with a stick...no you CANT have a baby) ....

scout
03-10-2006, 11:19 PM
*waves at all the people she knows and doesn't know - except Wrath, who gets a big noogie!*

I'm kinda glad to know that I was missed *sniff* *grins*. Thanks for all the kind thoughts and well-wishes. Thank you for the sweet blessing, Miriam. This is my second (and last!) child. I love babies, and I love being a mom, but this pregnancy thing kills me. The incipient soccer player is a boy.

Oh, and Mynx - if you need ammo to beat down the hormones, send me a PM and I will gladly tell you all the reasons why I don't do pregnancy well. I won't do it on the public forums, cause guys tend to start throwing up their hands around me when conversations turn that way, especially the single guys. Let's just say that having a C-section is the best part of pregnancy for me (the second biggest reason I'm only having 2 kids).

Love to all, don't know when I'll pop in again . . .:)

WRATHWILDE
03-11-2006, 10:12 PM
(/going to beat her hormones with a stick...)

Got a web cam? ;D :P ::)

Wrathwilde

byathread
03-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Glad to hear reports of your death were greatly exaggerated. And congratulations on the little backaroo! Wish you all the best.
And your mead can rest easy for a couple more months. Then mead beware! :P

Brewbear
03-26-2006, 06:58 AM
Duhhh!!!
Am I too late???.....AGAIN????
Congrats on the upcoming tyke!!!!
Your meads are safe for a few more months ;)
Speedy recovery from the C-section and God Bless!

Cheers,
Brewbear

lostnbronx
03-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Scout, without a doubt you'll get it out without a pout, a bout of gout, or a pint of stout (sorry). Late I am as always, but miss you I did.

Well wishes and the best birth possible for you!

-David

yabodie
03-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Scout,

I am also new to this area of the web but congrats on the impending wee lad!! Kudos to all the moms out there for what you all go through with kids!! I hope your recovery goes well and you have two bottle washers and racking assistants shortly.