• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mac Users: need your help

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Mac users on the forum, I got a message from Ken Schramm, and he's having issues getting on the new forum.

He's using OS 10.2.8 and Safari 1.0.3, and can't view the wrapped forum. If you're using a Mac, tell me what you're using so I can email him with the info.

We want Ken to be able to be here!

Thanks for your help,

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Hi Vicky,
I use an iBook with OSX 10.4.5 and I use Firefox for browsing.I just opened the pages in Safari and they appear OK to me. The only problem, if you want to call it that, id that the pages are a bit too wide and have to scroll left and right, espacially when posting an answer. That has to do with the screen size more so than the site itself.

Cheers,
Brewbear

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Tagged it with an iMac/1.8 GHz PowerPC G5, and Safari RSS at the office before I left. No problems.

Cheers,

Oskaar

memento

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 3, 2005
www.flickr.com
If I recall, there is a difference in the way that safari 1.xx and safari 2.xx handle frames or css. I don't know if you use css, but I'm pretty sure you're using frames.

Tonight I'll fire up my old grape imac (G3/233) that is running an older version of OSX and most likely safari 1.xx to check it out. Screen resolution on that tops out at 1024x768. My 3 main macs are all running 10.4.4 and safari 2.0.3 and have not noticed this on the 2 of them I use.

Ken Schramm = Mac user! :D how cool.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Definitely using CSS (all *over* the place), but no frames. I gave up frames about 8 years ago.

I'll drop Ken a line, and give him this info....

Vicky

memento

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 3, 2005
www.flickr.com
It might be the css then. I was not able to connect my imac last night, but it is running Safari 1.3 and 10.3.9. I will try again later this week.

I would recommend at least upgrading to Panther (10.3). You can find that for dirt cheap now.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns