PDA

View Full Version : Newbee question

waynes
03-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi Guys!!!
I have been hanging around and reading here and other Med sites for a while. I also read Ken's book and last weekend took the jump and started a gallon of AO. My wife and I lean twords semi-sweet/sweet wines although we havent had many. I had a chance to sample some Bunratty mead and was hooked. Thus the AO test. Anyway heres the question.
I came across this the other day and was wondering if it could be used for force carbing?
http://www.sodaclubusa.com/prodinfo.htm#machine
I have some severe space restrictions and this would store very nicely. What do you all think?
Wayne
BTW I have no affiliation with this company.

Oskaar
03-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Welcome to Gotmead.com. I hope you'll become a subscriber soon and help support the site!

You can force carbonate your mead in any number of ways. I have the means to carbonate naturally, or to force carbonate. If you want to carbonate your mead in a hurry this looks like a resonable way of doing it.

Best of luck,

Oskaar

waynes
03-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Thanks Oskaar,
This was one of those "just curious" questions. I am very new to Mead but I suspect that it will be as addictive to me as much as others on this forum.
I also want to thank you for your knowledge and willingness to share it with us.
W

kace069
03-15-2006, 02:18 PM
I hate to rain on your parade Waynes but Bunratty, despite what the label says is not mead. Near the bottom of the label it should read. " A white wine flavored with honey" This in my book isn't even a pyment. Unless I am taking the description on the bottle the wrong way, it isn't mead, just white wine. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

sickpuppy
03-20-2006, 11:23 AM
kace069

I am no mead or meade expert or pyment expert, for that matter, but I have drink my fill of Bunratty Mead at the Bunratty Castle on several occasions. Also have been to the Bunratty Meadery and tasted it. I have never had an imported bottle but do still have a small souvenir bottle, which says it is “A Traditional Wine” on the label and nothing about white wine. It is also 14.5 % vol.

From the Bunratty web site it states: “Bunratty Meade, the result of marrying pure honey and the fruit of the vine together with selected herbs recreates this legendary wine.”

So, all I can say is that it tasted like Mead and not at all like a white wine. It was very good to the palate, which I guess is the main thing.

I guess this is like an opinion: They are like “rear ends”. Everybody has one and they all stink. ;)

Have a good one, whatever it is.
Dan