• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

forma k and bread yeast

Barrel Char Wood Products

theshadowhammer

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 5, 2006
just wanted to know if anyone has tryed this

last night after making a batch of joe's AO with blood oranges

i had a spare carboy and the wife had some organic blue berrys so here's what happened

3.5 lbs of clover honey
1/2 of cinnamon stick
2 inches of vanilla bean split
1/4 lemon rine and all
fleischmans bread yeast
water to a gallon

and heres the question
i ran out of rasins so i used forma k
ithas activity in the airlock so i know its going but there is no foam at all 1 bubble every 5 or 6 secs

has any one used forma k with bread yeast?
and if so how were your results?

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Are you talking about Fermaid K?

http://morewinemaking.com/product.html?product_id=15483

I don't use bread yeast in my meads I generally use wine yeasts.

Your recipe looks OK to me, I'd personally not use the lemon, but that's just my own preference. I think it should be fine. I'd say to swirl the jug a few times in the next couple of days in case the honey has stratified, or the yeast is not fully suspended.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns