PDA

View Full Version : Firefox vs. Internet Explorer

kace069
04-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I am now seeing the advertisements at the tops of the GM pages for firefox. It seems Firefox is gaining a lot of ground every where on the web. So I was wondering how many are using it. I have been using it for more than a year now and love Firefox. I barely know how to operate IE anymore. Tabbed browsing is the greatest. There is a ton of extensions for it. I also got the Stumble Upon tool bar through Firefox. It is a great way to waste hours of your life surfing. But I find some really cool stuff with it.
Here are some links for some amazing artists I found using Stumble Upon.
http://stressbuster1.net/mural/
http://gprime.net/images/sidewalkchalkguy/

So how many Firefox fans here?

David Baldwin
04-12-2006, 01:50 PM
I've been using Mozilla for maybe 3 years now. Yes, I love Firefox, and avoid IE if I can possibly do so.

David

Mynx
04-12-2006, 03:02 PM
I (heart) Firefox :) I only ever use IE now if there's a website I need to go to that doesnt support FF (and that doesnt happen often).

Sander
04-12-2006, 04:49 PM
I use Firefox too. It works great for me. Much better than IE.
I use Thunderbird for my email.

Brewboy
04-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Firefox and Thunderbird, all the way.

WRATHWILDE
04-12-2006, 05:33 PM
I use Safari, being on OS X... but the creator of firefox was tapped by Apple to develop Safari, so its related, and Safari's so much nicer than IE - like a Rolls Royce is so much nicer than anything else I've ever ridden in. I don't use IE ever. If there happens to be a web site thats not compatible with Safari... then they don't get my business. I think I've only ever run across one.

Wrathwilde

memento
04-12-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm also on OSX, but I use firefix, safari, opera, camino, omniweb, and occaisionally icab. All depends on my mood! On my win2k box at work I use firefox and opera where possible, not that I do any of this from there!

Brewbear
04-13-2006, 01:12 AM
I use OSX and firefox! Just as a point of interest - or not - Internet Exploder...hmmm I mean Explorer uses Active X and so do many of the pop-ups and spywares. By not using IE you are protecting your machine :-\

Cheers,
Brewbear

Greenblood
04-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Firefly all the way! We have installed firefox on all wrokstations where I work, and altered our internet usage policy. Using IE is a violation of our usage policy now. >:D

IE is not work scrap IMNSHO!

Cheers!

John

Oskaar
04-14-2006, 11:55 AM
I use Firefox all the way. It rocks!

It's unbelievable to me that there are still some companies with a web presence that do not accomodate Firefox for SSL sessions. How screwed up is that?

Only one thing to do .. . Road Trip!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Greenblood
04-14-2006, 03:54 PM
I use OSX and firefox! Just as a point of interest - or not - Internet Exploder...hmmm I mean Explorer uses Active X and so do many of the pop-ups and spywares. By not using IE you are protecting your machine :-\

Absolutely. Firefox does not have anywhere near the security problems that IE has. I have installed Firefox on all of my friends PCs. It is preventative maintenance as far as I am concerned. I get a lot less calls nowadays.

Cheers!

John

Thurisaz
04-15-2006, 03:31 PM
This posting got composed using exactly 0 % Microsoft. Not only don't I touch the M$ IE unless I abso-****ing-lutely have to, I have the audacity to run my machines on Linux whenever possible. I do have M$ installed (triple boot... SuSE 9.2, Lose XP, Lose 98), but only use it for those few applications that aren't available in a comparable form for linux. This means mostly games of course >:D

(Compare that to my workplace... I earn my bucks in the Enterprise Helpdesk of an international bank where Unix/Linux is only used on some exotic database servers. Aaaah, the horrors...)