PDA

View Full Version : Mead making video

kace069
04-12-2006, 06:24 PM
I found this link on another forum and thought that this would be a great place to pass it on.
http://www.basicbrewing.com/radio/index.php?page=video

It is supposedly a video of how to make mead. I tried downloading it to watch before I posted this but for some reason my new pc won't run any apple software and its really pissing me off. The video runs on Quicktime.

BTW its a 90MB download so I hope you all have a broadband connection.
Someone let me know how it is, I spent an hour downloading it for nothing. Stupid Dell PCs.
I want my itunes!

Wloch248
04-12-2006, 11:15 PM
It is a pretty basic video. There was nothing in it that you couldn't find in 5 minutes in these forums. They only went as far as pitching the yeast into the must in this episode. The next one sounds like they will break their 5 gal batch down to 5 1 gallon batches with a bunch of different flavors for each one. It was long but alot was mead backgound and basic basic stuff.

That said, I will be watching the next installment when it goes up on their site in case it has some interesting tidbits.

kace069
04-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks Wloch, I really wanted to see it b4 I posted it but did so any ways. Anyone got any ideas for my apple software problem?
Anyways from what I got out of the site these are dvds sold at HB stores, so I'm not surprised that it is only 5 minutes.
Not that I needed to watch it, but I was just compelled to do it anyways. I will probably download it again when I get this software issue sorted out, if ever.

Wloch248
04-13-2006, 04:57 PM
As for your quicktime issue what browser are you using? Mozilla or IE or navigator? I know the answer is yes but have you already tried downloading the latest quicktime?

As for the video it is way longer than 5 minutes long but it was mostly filler stuff that would only take 5 minutes to find here was what I was trying to say.

kace069
04-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Yes I'm using Firefox and I have downloaded and installed itunes 4 or 5 times now. When I try to run the program I get and error to debug or send a report. I used firefox to download it on my other pc with no problem. Maybe I will try and download it with IE, ycuk. Any other suggestions, never thought about the browser issue.
I got like 70 itunes songs from the
Pepsi give away last year and can't listen to them now.

Wloch248
04-13-2006, 08:35 PM
I was assuming you were downloading the quicktime player not itunes. I am unfamiliar with itunes but I would think that unless it is an alencompasing you would have to separately download quicktime to view the video in streaming format. Could be totally wrong on this one too ::)

kace069
04-13-2006, 08:37 PM
The newest qucik time comes standard with itunes now. Even when I try to just download qucik time by itself I still get itunes coming with it. I am downlaoding it right now through IE.

Sander
06-29-2006, 07:40 AM
There's a new video available. In this episode they split the batch into 1 gallon batches and add different flavors...