PDA

View Full Version : Lurgashall Christmas Mead

yabodie
04-20-2006, 10:51 AM
FYI...

If anyone is in the Bethesda Maryland area there is a beer/wine store (Old Georgetown Road and 270 by the Giant) selling Lurgashall Christmas mead for 30% off or about $11 a bottle.

WRATHWILDE
04-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Yabodie,

RE: Is there ever a wrong time to drink mead?!?!

While talking to the Officer who just pulled you over for erratic driving, at your DUI hearing, at your court ordered rehab meetings, in front of your parole officer, as the charter bus driver for the local chapter of MADD... Just to name a few, but the absolute wrong time to drink mead is... before it's done fermenting. Nasty!!! Just ask Pewter.

Wrathwilde

yabodie
04-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Well, Hell!! At least I can still have it for breakfast!!!

Besides, when you are checking how far along the fermentation is shouldn't there be some sampling? You know, just to make sure the spices arenít too overpowering, etc? ;D ;D

BTW, you have some awesome labels!!! Do you free hand them? Nice artwork!! :o

Oskaar
04-20-2006, 01:08 PM
One of my tag lines on another board!

Mead ... it's not just for breakfast anymore!

cheers,

Oskaar

WRATHWILDE
04-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Besides, when you are checking how far along the fermentation is shouldn't there be some sampling? You know, just to make sure the spices arenít too overpowering, etc? ;D ;D

Sampling is a necessary evil... like sharing mead with morally flexible potential conquests. On a positive note... meads tend to get better with age, the others might look pretty scary in 15-20 years.

To answer your question on my Artwork see this thread...

http://www.gotmead.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,103/topic,3350.0

Wrathwilde