PDA

View Full Version : enzymes

Rintrah
04-29-2006, 05:51 PM
ok, here is the deal: I am making a braggot, or well something closer to a beer with honey tastes in it. Usually I have used pretty crappy yeasts, but this time I tried nottingham, the new super yeast. Well, my problem is that it is been the usuall week and I was ready to bottle it for carbonation and storage, but when I measured the gravity it was at 1.014. I am aiming for a 1.000 - 1.007 and this is too high. I am thinking of using enzymes to speed things along, but I don't know how to do that with a probably VOL 3% batch of 12 gallons. Should I just put it in there and wait, or should I make a starter with high % before I put it in?

Oskaar
04-30-2006, 01:53 AM
Well, before you add anything to it I'd suggest that you give it a stir and check your temperature to make sure you're in the right zone for the yeast you're using. The stir may kick start the fermentation again, and the temperature may need to be adjusted upward to encourage the yeasties to finish off.

Can you post your exact recipe/brewing procedure so we can take a look at how the batch was made for possible explanations for the stalled ferment.

Cheers,

Oskaar